Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Show qty and free shipping discounts on receipt
Author « Topic »  

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10284 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2024 :  11:51:33  
We get a stream of customers thinking they are not getting discounts, when they are.
Just now for example, we had this email.

quote:
Just wondering as a return customer now for my fifth year doing my event. I am wondering if you ever do have coupons as I do not see in any and every time I go to check out it asks me if I have a coupon I would like to apply?

So since I just ordered $100+ of stuff and now another order in my cart I thought I would ask... since I am buying these and donating them to my events, saving a buck sure helps!

Here was my reply
quote:
Perhaps because the discounts are not listed on the receipt, you don't believe you are getting any. Let me break this down for you on this latest order.

The first line item on your order, those are $2.05 each and there are quantity discounts. At 100 pcs, they are $1.32 each .
$2.05 X 100 = $205.00 - You paid $132.00 and saved $73.00 there.
Next item are $0.59 each, but at 60 pcs, you are paying $0.45 each.
There is a savings of $8.40
Next, we have the free shipping. Let's be clear here - UPS does not move packages for free. We are paying your shipping.
So there is a savings of $34.51

So without any discounts, your order would have been $274.91
You saved $115.91 there. That's more than 42% in savings.

It would be great if there were a "you saved" line on the order that calculates these quantity discounts and compares free shipping to ground (for example) to generate these numbers.
We do (rarely) issue codes, so that's why it's (coupon code box) there.

Thanks,
David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000