PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 How to connect to ShipStation?
Author « Topic »  

sonrisestable
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2024 :  16:02:27  
Sorry if this is obvious and I missed it, but I don't see how to connect to ShipStation.

I created a SS account and entered the login info in the SS section in the Admin. I ran a couple test orders and nothing is transmitted to SS. Do I need to do something in the ShipStation admin to get it to communicate with my store?

Sonrise Stable Books

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2024 :  16:12:02  
Hi

I don't use Shipstation but this topic may be of use

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113332

I'm sure Vince &/or dbdave can assist

Edited by - 1818charlie on 04/07/2024 16:14:11

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10279 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2024 :  16:30:46  
There is nothing else in the store admin, but it is important to map your order status names in shipstation.
I believe it's the public facing names as set in your admin.
Hop into shipstation under Settings > Store Setup and click the three dots there by your store name to set those order status types, and "test connection".

There are lots of great features in S/S and one we use is "rules" where, when an order is imported, you can handle special situations.
For example, we want to be sure our warehouse staff is forced to weigh the package instead of accepting the "store" weight, so we have a rule that sets the weight of all orders to 200lbs on import. Being that none of the shipping carriers we use, will accept a box that heavy, it forces our staff to weigh the package.

Thanks,
David

sonrisestable
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2024 :  17:36:34  
Thanks everyone. I had searched the forum for "shipstation" without the space, and it didn't turn up those instructions.

Store is connected now and my two test orders showed up!

Sonrise Stable Books

sonrisestable
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2024 :  18:08:25  
A ShipStation representative phoned me today to help make sure I understood their system.

I can honestly say I've dealt with a lot of software companies and services over the years, and I've never had one call me to help me get started. I'm impressed!

https://www.sonrisestable.com
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000