Next Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 2

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  11:09:10  
Ecom-mods.com has released an updated version of the PHP - Advanced CSV Product Data Utility. In addition to the many great features already present (see here), this version of the add-on will allow store admins using ECT version 6.1.x to upload product image assignments inline with the product data via the "classic" (pre-6.1.x) ECT method.

This means no more hassle creating/maintaining a separate CSV file just for images. The feature will allow you to import as many images as you want by incrementing the number after the pImage, pLargeimage, and pGiantImage fields. So for example you could have the following fields:

pImage, pImage2, pImage3, pImage4, pImage5, pImage6, pImage7

This updated version of the utility will be provided for FREE to all users currently on version 3.0. Anyone on a previous version that wants to upgrade may contact us for an upgrade pricing discount code.

To receive this update, fill out a request at the url below and be sure to include your original order number. If you are unable to locate your order number, please provide any order details you may have and we will attempt to verify your order.

https://www.ecom-mods.com/request.php

We wish everyone a wonderful and very successful 2012!

Daniel Ewers

Ecom-Mods.com - Rate Our products & services

PHP 100m PA-DSS Keep Alive NEW!
PHP 100m XML Sitemap Generator NEW!

View all available PHP extensions from Ecom-Mods.com

Jason_21218
Advanced Member

348 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/13/2012 :  19:41:08  
It really irked me that they split up the csv files. it is so much more work. Wish I had know before i upgraded

Edited by - Jason_21218 on 10/05/2013 00:41:11

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2012 :  20:25:50  
This was largely due to the product images being moved to their own table and the ability to add as many images to a product as you desired. Unfortunately, this improvement came with the consequence of a separate CSV import for images.

However, we added back that functionality in our Advance CSV Product Data Utility add-on so anyone who prefers the old method can have it for a small fee. Additionally, you get a bunch of other features including, assigning coupons, additional sections, and product options all in one import.

Our utility is an add-on so it persists thru cart upgrades, rarely needing updates itself. It also leaves the built-in CSV import features intact so you can choose the import tool that best fits your needs at the time.

Daniel Ewers

Ecom-Mods.com - Rate Our products & services

PHP 100m Product Search Assistant NEW!

View all available PHP extensions from Ecom-Mods.com

Edited by - dewers on 05/13/2012 20:27:29

magenheimerdp
Advanced Member

USA
135 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  23:55:45  
I purchased this utility last week. It was way too easy to install. The utility has already paid for itself in the time to add / subtract discounts when running a sale. There may have been a way to do it using the base ECT tools but this utility made it so much more intuitive. I also like the ability to customize which fields I want to download / upload.

I highly recommend this utility!!!

asanborn
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1404 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  13:08:17  
A. does this product come in an ASP version?
B. how can I use this product to help me identify abandon options? or is there a way to export product ID#s and their associated option so it will be easier to know what to delete out of the options table?

Mikelli
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1613 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  13:20:35  
This product continues to save me sooooo much time, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Michael

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  13:40:28  
Hi Ann,

A: Unfortunately, we do not offer an ASP version of this utility.
B: This utility does not identify abandon options, but it does export the assigned product option group ids with each product id in the CSV file.

If you are trying to clean up unused options on the ASP version of the cart, you might want to give Phil at bettapages a shout. He should be able to write a SQL statement to identify these, and possibly a script to automatically remove them.

Thanks, Michael. I am glad to hear our utility has continued to be of great benefit for you.

Daniel Ewers
Ecom-Mods.com

PHP extensions from Ecom-Mods.com
Rate Our Products & Services

asanborn
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1404 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  14:02:21  
Hi Michael, ok, understand.

Thanks for the referral, that is a viable option.
Ann

Mikelli
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1613 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  14:55:43  
Hi Ann, we use this for php, hope you enjoy it like we have!
I can't possibly imagine how hard it would have been to do the work we have done without this and the products they have for product options.

Michael

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  11:24:03  
We have a patched version of the utility that will work with the manufacturer change ECT made in cart v6.4.x available upon request for existing customers. Please send us an email or fill out the request form linked below and include your order ID, name, or email address used when you purchased the utility:

https://www.ecom-mods.com/request.php

Daniel Ewers
Ecom-Mods.com

tunedone
Advanced Member

Canada
136 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  17:44:49  
I've been trying to get ahold of you guys for the last week about the product data and category data mods patches since I've recently updated my store to the 6.4 version.

Thank you.

ejadmin
Advanced Member

USA
257 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  12:51:25  
I, too, have been trying to reach Ecom-Mods about the Advanced CSV Product Utility mod. I'm getting an error about the manufacturer field messing with my ability to use the mod.

I have over 1,000 products I HAVE to make edits to, and all week it has been a tedious process without the mod functioning.

I have received the auto response email from Ecom-Mods about waiting two business days, but no further email from them. I see his ECT Support subscription has expired as well.

Does anyone have the patched v.3.2 zip of this addon they could send me? I'll send you a screenshot showing I'm running version 3.1.2 of the mod (so according to his post above, he'd give me the patch for free) and my order confirmation email proving I purchased it as well.

Please message me if you can help me out...thank you in advance.

Tara

Edited by - ejadmin on 06/26/2015 12:53:30

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  14:02:10  
Hi Tara, they maybe on vacation, in the meantime you can use the built-in csv to edit the pManufacturer field. On the product admin screen select product inventory from the drop down.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  15:27:38  
Hi Tara,

I apologize for the delay. I sent you an email with the updated install package attached. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Daniel Ewers
Ecom-Mods.com

ejadmin
Advanced Member

USA
257 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  15:29:25  
THANK YOU!!!!

I replied to your email with the attachment to offer my thanks, but it came back to me as undeliverable, FYI

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  15:57:24  
Hi Tara,

You're welcome.

In regards to the undeliverable email; If the email you sent does not pass the SPF record check as provided for your domain or there are other DNS record related failures then our mail server will reject it.

The undeliverable message should provide more information on why it was rejected.

Edit:

I just checked our logs and it was rejected because the email was sent from an IP address that isn't allowed by your domain's SPF record.

Daniel Ewers
Ecom-Mods.com

Edited by - dewers on 06/26/2015 16:02:51

ejadmin
Advanced Member

USA
257 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  05:25:38  
Hello Daniel,

I have upgraded my cart to ECT 6.5 (php) and am now getting an error upon upload using your Product CCV add-on:

quote:
Unable to insert "Additional Sections" into the database

Any ideas?

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  08:55:56  
Hi Tara,

The utility is untested with v6.5, but the database and code relating to additional sections was not changed so the error would seem to be unrelated to the upgrade.

Based on the error message, I would suspect non-numeric values in the Additional_Section_IDs column. This could possibly be due to removing section IDs from this column, but leaving the separator character.

Another possibility is that the includes.php file was changed when you upgraded to v6.5 and the previously defined $csvSep parameter is missing or has changed so the utility is now expecting the special field separator to be something different (for example a comma vs a pipe character).

Hopefully, the above is enough information to determine the issue with your import error, but if it is not please contact us at requests AT ecom-mods.com for further troubleshooting assistance.

Daniel Ewers
Ecom-Mods.com

espinner
Advanced Member

159 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  10:36:42  
I'm using vers. 6.5.2 and updated Advanced CSV to vers. 3.2. My includes file looks like this: $GLOBALS['csvProdFields']="pID,pName,pManufacturer,pImage1,pLargeImage1,pImage2,pLargeImage2";
I'm getting the proper pImages however I'm also getting fields not requested?
Any idea where my issue might be?

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2016 :  10:53:10  
Every export includes the following special fields in addition to the product table fields defined in the includes file variable:

"Remove_Product","Additional_Section_IDs","Option_Group_IDs","Coupon_IDs","Related_Product_IDs","Attribute_IDs","Manufacturer_Name","Drop_Shipper_Name","Change_pID"

There is no way of excluding these fields in the current version of the utility without modification.

Daniel Ewers
Ecom-Mods.com

plelwebdesign

USA
61 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/16/2016 :  02:15:56  
Does the CSV Product Data Utility allow me do export the product options? And does it work well with ECT version 6.5.1 yet?
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000