Author « Topic »
Page: of 2

martinOV
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  09:05:27  
Hi,
I'm trying to test the social media buttons in version 6.6.0. They display but stacked on top of each other rather than in the wide grey box.

There is an instruction to add <meta property="og:type" content="website" /> but I can see that the product detail page also has <meta property="og:type" content="Product" />

Should only one of these be used?

Thanks

Martin

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  09:09:34  
Hi Martin

It sounds like page is missing the css classes https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/social-media.asp can you check that?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

martinOV
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  09:38:20  
I have added the 3 groups shown on that page to style.css but I must be missing something

I have added the input.askaquestion, input.emailfriend & those for social media container & individual buttons

Martin

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  11:04:49  
Hi Martin, they look ok to me, if you still see them stacked on top of each other try clearing your browser history and cache as you may be caching the old style sheet.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  13:25:56  
Hi Martin
You can do a <Ctrl>+F5 by the way to quickly force a refresh of the style sheet.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

martinOV
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  15:09:50  
I am testing a copy of the site on a different domain, the live site is using the old system for showing the buttons.

an example of the problem is here: http://ebj.me dot uk/proddetail.php?prod=BCR_SBC-L

Thanks

Martin

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  16:04:27  
It looks like you have added the social media classes at the end of the css file which is just for mobile view. Place that near the top of style.css and it should be ok.

Andy

martinOV
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  17:12:30  
Thanks Andy, that makes sense & hadn't occurred to me

Martin

steven vaccaro
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  13:46:36  
just a comment. Im not looking to be a jerk, but all the sizes of the social media buttons are a bit different height. Id rather them look similar.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  15:39:55  
Hi we like feedback it helps us to help you, for social media you can adjust them using css or replace them with your own buttons and if your really fancy and want to use awesome fonts you can do that too, the choice is upto the store owners/designers, flexibility to do what you want or need is key .

steven vaccaro
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  16:20:48  
Sinbad, I was commenting on Martins site, all the heights are a bit different. On the eccom demo site they are the same heights and more symmetric.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2016 :  17:09:48  
I see what your saying when the buttons are being grabbed from the social media outlet and all these social media icons are different.

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:15:17  
Hi all,

We have just updated the cart to version 6.6.0 and integrated the social media buttons but facebook,linkedin,twitter are not displaying on our product detail page? Can you please advise why this might be? Our whole site pages are setup as HTTPS so not too sure if this is affecting the display of icons? If so please can you let me know how we can get these displaying?

Thanks

Kev

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:20:12  
Hi Kev

Have you made the additions to vsadmin/includes.php for the ones you want to appear and where they should appear in the the $socialmediabuttons and $detailpagelayout parameters?

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/social-media.asp

Andy

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:22:35  
Hi Andy,

Yes i have added the below to the includes.php file:

$socialmediabuttons="askaquestion,emailfriend, facebook,linkedin,twitter,google,pinterest,custom";

Also added the below to the productdetail page:

<meta property="og:type" content="website" />
<?php
print $metaogimage;?>

Any ideas?

Kev

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:29:10  
What do you have for $detailpagelayout

Andy

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:32:03  
I dont actually have anything defined for $detailpagelayout on the includes page.

Shall i add the below?

$detailpagelayout='navigation, checkoutbutton, productimage, productid, manufacturer, sku, productname, discounts, instock, description, listprice, price, quantity, currency, dateadded, options, addtocart, socialmedia, previousnext, reviews';

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:39:52  
Just tried adding the below but did not make any difference so removed this again?

$detailpagelayout='navigation, checkoutbutton, productimage, productid, manufacturer, sku, productname, discounts, instock, description, listprice, price, quantity, currency, dateadded, options, addtocart, socialmedia, previousnext, reviews';

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:40:02  
I wouldn't add that as it would change the order of elements on your page but looking at your site I see the social media buttons under the previous / next links.

If you want them elsewhere on the page you would add this I think

$detailpagelayout='navigation, productimage, productid, productname, description, listprice, price, options, addtocart, quantity, socialmedia, previousnext';

...moving socialmedia to where it should appear on the page.

Andy

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:46:40  
Seems to be throwing the alignment out when i reshuffle the order of the elements but still doesnt make a difference to the missing icons appearing?

They seem to be hidden somehow?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  12:50:32  
I can see the icons at the bottom of the detail page. If you can't, use Ctrl + Refresh to force a refresh on the page

Andy

Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000