Author « Topic »  

paul_j
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
650 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  04:14:23  
Running 6.6.2, Ask a question doesn't populate with the customer's email. Reply sends the email to our store's main email instead of the customer's. Our developer changed the email to his temporarily and had the same problem, so it's not our email client.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  04:47:47  
Hi

I just tried it on the site in your forum profile. Did you get the email and can you try replying?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

paul_j

USA
650 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  05:11:33  
Andy: got your email but reply goes back to us. Your email is not there.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  06:42:06  
That's unusual then. Are you using any special mail related settings like PHPmailer for example in includes.php?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  07:47:42  
I've just sent you a test ask a question Paul - could you please try and reply to it and let me know the outcome please?

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  08:03:57  
This seems to be fixed now.
Just in case anybody else encounters this issue I removed the following line from the vsadmin/includes.php

$customheaders = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\nFrom: %from%\r\nContent-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n";

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  11:19:57  
Our customer is having the same issue ... their email address from the main store settings appears in BOTH the from and to fields, and when they hit reply, their email address goes into the "To:" field instead of the customers email address.

I tested the function on several other of our sites, and it DID work as it should, but when I sent them another test, their email address went into the "To:" field instead of mine.

What's even stranger is that we BOTH use godaddy email services but the sites are hosted at hostek, so why they have the problem but I don't is an even greater mystery.

I also check their includes file for the $customheaders line, but it is not in there.

Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot this? They get a LOT of traffic and questions, so I'd like to save them the frustration if possible.

Thanks!

Tim Gorski

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  12:44:58  
Hi Tim, have you tried updating email a friend file, I've noticed that sometimes that file gets overlooked by some when applying the updater.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  13:23:56  
Thanks for the reply, Sinbad ... we updated to 6.7.3 about a month ago and I verified the emailfriend.php was also updated.

Tim Gorski

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  13:48:22  
AHHHH ... I just verified ONE major difference between our setup and theirs: I use Outlook as an email client, yet the customer is managing their email through the godaddy control panel ... that would explain why the script doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Tim Gorski

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  13:54:02  
Hi I think that is the problem here, to troubleshoot it you would have to login to their email and hit reply on ask a question that will confirm if its the issue.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  08:56:15  
FYI Sinbad: I tested the Ask a Question link from my godaddy email client and it worked as it should, so I'm going to have to find out EXACTLY whether our client is clicking the reply button or not.

Thought you's want to know ...

Tim Gorski
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000