Author « Topic »  

Shawn_Konichek
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  02:09:37  
Currently, we have the WordPress eCommerce Templates, and are trying to integrate it with the WordPress Theme Weaver Xtream. At this point in time, there is only one significant roadblock, and that is the layout of the products page being only one long column, as can be seen here: http://pristinesbead.net/products.php. What we need is at least three columns, so it doesn't look so bare. I've attempted to find a way to accomplish this in the questions already asked in these forms, but if someone else has found it, I have failed to find it myself. Is there any simple way, using CSS or one of the PHP files, to increase the number of columns from 1 to 3?

If this is something that we need to do in the WordPress Theme instead of eCommerce Templates, where should we start in regards to achieving that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - Shawn_Konichek on 08/31/2017 02:11:49

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2017 :  02:17:43  
Hi Shawn

The columns depend on the css for the class div.product. Have a look at my post here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=100739 or the thread here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107608

Can you also update the email in the forum profile as it's showing as pre-sales?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Shawn_Konichek
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/04/2017 :  02:57:28  
Thank you very much for the information, that solved the issue! The email I have for the forums now should match the one that was used to purchase the product.

If you don’t mind, I have some other, rather specific questions.

First of all, regarding the cart. Is there any way to make break it into columns as with the products page, or at least make it look less condensed? For some reason, on our site as it is now, it is all in small row and it is not very readable. Can I, perhaps, spread it out a little more using CSS somehow? If you add something to the cart from here (http://pristinesbead.net/products.php) and then go to the cart to look at it, I think the issue will perhaps become more apparent than I could describe here.

I see the two .css files I need to edit for the cart, but they are rather overwhelming taken altogether, so any hints on where I could fix this spacing issue would be very much appreciated!

Secondly, this website is built to a slightly older audience. When we use the radio buttons to select price on items (each item in this store will have three choices), it shows next to the price the difference between the other prices (-$15.12 for example). Is there any way to make this go away? For our normal buyers, we will it will add extra confusion when purchasing a product. This behavior didn’t occur on the older website (which also used eCommerice Templates, but a much older version).

(On the last website, we were also able to get the radio buttons to display on the page for multiple products at once, as seen here (http://wayback.archive.org/web/20170420065953/http://pristinesbeads.com/products.php?cat=230). Is there any way to replicate this behavior on the new eCommerice Templates?)

Edited by - Shawn_Konichek on 09/04/2017 22:58:12

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2017 :  03:12:33  
Hi Shawn

Thanks for updating the email - that shows fine now.

The first thing you need to do is add this line to header.php somewhere before the closing </head> tag and preferably before the other css file

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/ectcart.css" />

and then make sure you have the file ectcart.css uploaded to the location yoursite.com/css/

It seems you are using a table based layout - it's much more flexible, and will have more features if you have the css layout so make sure you have this in includes.php

$GLOBALS['usecsslayout']=TRUE;

Once you have that post again so we can revisit the layout questions.

Andy

Shawn_Konichek
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/04/2017 :  16:14:34  
I was able to solve all but one remaining issue, that being the "price difference" that is displayed after selecting an option with the radio buttons (or drop-down list). Is there an option in vsadmin to get this to go away, or can it be hidden with css (without also hiding the title of the option)?

And is there a way to get the radio buttons, and the amount desired, and the ability to add to cart, to display before selecting the product, like on the older website here (http://wayback.archive.org/web/20170420065953/http://pristinesbeads.com/products.php?cat=230)?

(On the older website, we were using eCommerce Templates 5.6.1 as a base.)

Thank you very much for your help!

Edited by - Shawn_Konichek on 09/04/2017 22:57:28

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  00:03:35  
To not display the price difference in product options you can add this to vsadmin/includes.php

$GLOBALS['hideoptpricediffs']=true;

Can you open product.php in a text editor and if you have these highlighted lines, remove them

<?php
$GLOBALS['nobuyorcheckout']=TRUE; // Removes buy and checkout buttons
$GLOBALS['noproductoptions']=TRUE; // Removes product options
$GLOBALS['showquantonproduct']=FALSE; // Removes quantity box
$GLOBALS['showproductsku']=""; // Removes SKU field
$GLOBALS['manufacturerfield']=""; // Removes Manufacturer field
$GLOBALS['showinstock']=FALSE; // Hides out of stock products
$GLOBALS['showproductid']=FALSE; // Removes product ID
$GLOBALS['shortdescriptionlimit']=0; // Removes short description
$GLOBALS['noshowdiscounts']=TRUE; // Hides discount text
$GLOBALS['orprodsperpage']=9; // Sets number of products per page

include "vsadmin/inc/incproducts.php";?>

Andy

Shawn_Konichek
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  20:19:29  
Thank you very much, that solved the price difference issue perfectly. We really appreciate the support!

So I looked into the products.php file and didn't see any of those lines. The whole file looks as below:

<code><?php
$GLOBALS['ectcartpage']='products';
require('./wp-ect-header.php');
get_header();
?>
<div>
<?php
include "vsadmin/inc/incproducts.php";
?>
<script src='js/masonry.pkgd.min.js'></script>
<script src="js/imagesloaded.pkgd.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script>
var container = document.querySelector('.products');
var msnry = new Masonry( container, {
columnWidth: 320,
itemSelector: '.product'
});
// layout Masonry again after all images have loaded
imagesLoaded( container, function() {
msnry.layout();
});
</script>
</div>
<?php
?>
</code>

And yet the the radio buttons and product options only show up after selecting the product, not in the category screen. Since we will have a very large number of products and customers will often be selecting groups of them at a time, having option to purchase products from the category screen that had those products was very beneficial to the site last time. The older site was created sometime in 2004 and I was not involved in it at that time, so I'm not sure how that was accomplished back then...

Edited by - Shawn_Konichek on 09/05/2017 20:20:14

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  23:50:08  
It could be you have this in vsadmin/includes.php

$GLOBALS['noproductoptions']=TRUE;

The other possibility is you are using the css layout https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/css-layouts.asp#productorder without options defined in the productpagelayout parameter - could you check both those in includes.php?

Andy

Shawn_Konichek
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  01:01:47  
That line wasn't in the includes.php, but I put it in and made it false just to check if that would alter things. It didn't.

I looked for the "productpagelayout" parameter, and options were not defined there. I put them in, and now things are fixed! Thank you very much for all your help! I suspect that is all the help we will need, but will come back if there is anything. Thank you for the top quality customer service!

Shawn_Konichek
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  16:44:12  
I have two more questions. I'm sure the solutions are probably pretty simple, but I've been unable to figure them out so far. I've been able to get columns working perfectly in products, but we also have a lot of categories and I've not found a way to get columns working with the categories. I know it should be doable, as we had it working like that on the previous site, but I think with the older eCommerce Templates it was actually the default, so I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to replicate it. I just need to get the product categories to display in columns very much like the products themselves do.

The other question: is there a way to get the .pagenums class to display in two places-- like for example, both at the top and the bottom of the page?

Thank you very much for all your help!

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  00:07:29  
Hi Shawn

The categories display is similar to that of products so if you wanted three columns of categories you would set the width of div.category to about 30%

For the pagination display at the top`and bottom, use this in vsadmin/includes.php

$GLOBALS['pagebarattop']=1;

Andy

Shawn_Konichek
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  15:14:31  
So, sadly, this solution has not worked for some reason. No matter what I do with div.category, it doesn't seem to change anything in the categories pages at all. I was assuming that I'm using css to alter it, is that correct? Is there something else I need to do to get it to apply?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  00:02:21  
It seems you are using a table based layout. I think you'd be much better off going with a css based layout https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/css-layouts.asp by adding

$GLOBALS['usecsslayout']=TRUE;

to vsadmin/includes.php

Andy

Shawn_Konichek
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  01:21:09  
I've done that, but nothing seems to have changed. I suspect that to get the results you are expecting, I'd also have to add the line "<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/ectcart.css" />" to the global css. The problem with that is that when I do that, all the other css rules I've put in are ignored, and putting them in the ectcart.css doesn't fix it-- meaning I'd have start from scratch with the layouts of all the other pages. If it is the only way to get categories to have columns, then I may be forced to do that anyway, but I'm hoping that perhaps there is a simpler way? Perhaps instead of the css being "GLOBAL" I could have it ignore any pages where the layout is already right, so it doesn't "reset" all the other pages?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  01:50:55  
The ectcart file won't have any bearing on the category page layout but you really should add this line to header.php so it's used on all your store pages

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/ectcart.css" />

Your products page is using the css layout but your categories page isn't - at least as far as I can see - how did you set that up so they are different? Have you added anything extra to the code itself of the file products.php?

Andy

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000