Authorized payments not recognized
Author « Topic »  

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  14:02:44  
My admin is showing orders as Unauthorized, but my payment provider indicates that the payment has been processed. When I talked to a customer, they said payment process seemed normal, but they were not given confirmation of their order (the thanks page shows "Gateway did not return a response hash." USA ePay is my payment provider and I did upload the latest files for the custom payment provider. I did recently update to 6.7.3 and updated an SSL certificate, if that has any bearing.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  14:51:22  
Hi Laural, can you take a look here to make sure the settings are correct in both the admin and USA ePay account https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/usaepay.asp

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  14:52:15  
Yes, I have double-checked those settings and all is correct.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  15:04:51  
Hi Laural, I see you mention using SSL are the urls in the USA ePay account starting with https://www.

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  09:19:06  
Yes. They are all correctly directed.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  09:27:47  
Hi Laural

We released new files for USAepay a couple of months ago. Can you get a new copy of the files here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/free_downloads.asp#payment - upload those and let us know if that sorts it out for you?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  11:25:58  
Loaded the new files. Now it doesn't connect to USA ePay at all. When I hit the final checkout button I get the "Gateway did not return a response hash"

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  13:33:44  
Hi Laural have you tried re-setting the PIN number and updating it in the store admin / payment providers also check that demo is not checked.

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  14:35:14  
I'm not using a PIN number and demo is not checked.

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  14:42:56  
I went back into my admin console and unchecked "demo mode" from the payment provider details (I had checked this after uploading the new customppreturn and cutomppsend files to test it). Now it goes through the payment process and completes the payment, but I'm back to where I started with no redirect back to the website and order showing as unauthorized.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  15:02:23  
Hi the setup instructions state that data2 should be the pin number, I believe you generate that in the USAePay account.

quote:
Data1 you will need to place your USAepay Key and in Data2 the Pin Number you generate

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  15:12:53  
That seems to have fixed it. I have not used a PIN in the last three years I've had the site up, so it must be something in the update that requires it... thanks for your help.

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  12:53:14  
This problem was solved back in 2017, but my GoDaddy migrated my site to a new hosting platform and in the process, my database was lost. The only backup that was still viable was from 2017, so while I've lost a lot of data, I'm happy I didn't lose it all. However, I'm back to this problem with the payment provider. I've gone back through all the steps I did last time to resolve it, with no luck.

Latest update of USAepay files
Verified source key and pin on USAePay
URLs all point to the https site
Demo is turned off

I'm on the latest version of ECT and I'm wondering if in the move and restore, an old setting that would have been changed in the past. Any ideas? I did run the store updater as well. I've been working through other tweaks for about two weeks, but this one eludes me.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  01:32:28  
Hi Laural
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Did GoDaddy not have a backup of your database to go back to? Did they tell you they were going to migrate? If it was a case of moving server the database may still be on the old server and they can check that for you I'm sure.
But what I would do is look at the USAePay instructions here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/USAepay.asp
Go through those and if things don't work, let us know what the actual error message you are getting is.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

laural

USA
69 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  11:05:32  
Here's the long version...
GoDaddy moved the site due to retiring the legacy Linux platform I was using. Due to several other mishaps with my account, they offered to move the site without cost to the new set up with cPanel. So, I did know they were going to migrate the site. Auto backup was initiated immediately after the site was moved and all the site files were moved successfully, but the database only contained the sample products that came with the software. I have checked all the backup files I can find, and nothing newer than the 2017 backup had any of my products. I realize that I should have double-checked to see that all was there before following the "rename old site then delete" instructions to set up the account. In all honesty, I was dealing with a storefront that had been down for over three weeks at that time and was anxious to get it up and running. I'm currently on hold with them to see if they have another source to check, but my past experience with their techs has been mediocre at best.
That being said, I just got a payment to go through properly. The only thing I did was check demo mode in the admin panel, and when that wouldn't work, I unchecked it and attempted to run an order using a test card from USAePay. That gave a variety of declined messages, but not the "Gateway did not return a response hash" response, so I ran the order with a valid card and it went through...I think my website just knew that I had contacted you and realized the game was up...
I'm on hold with GoDaddy now to see if they have another backup hiding somewhere...that would save me a lot of time.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  23:57:05  
Hi Laurel
Well I'm sorry for all the problems but I'm glad that things are starting to look better now. GoDaddy support can be a bit unresponsive at times (usually if you persist you get through to the second line which are a bit more knowledgeable) but hopefully now things are working you shouldn't have any more problems.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000