ASP (Windows server) versions
 Can license be transferred
Author « Topic »  

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2018 :  21:30:20  
More a question of curiosity, but can the ECT license be transferred from one store to another?

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2018 :  23:46:29  
Hi Marshall

The license is good to set up one store on one domain so if it was being used for a second store that would be against the terms. If it was used to set up a new store but wasn't being used anywhere else then that would be fine.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2018 :  07:04:54  
Thanks Andy. It would only be used by one store. I have a client that might be closing and the license would be freed up.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1006 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  16:38:22  
Vince, could you please confirm if the advice above is still correct?
e.g. ECT license purchased for website abc(dot)com, but now the business is closed.
Therefore it is permissible to use that licence on new website project def(dot)com

Gary

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  04:08:50  
Hi Gary
Wow, now that's a question. We try to be as flexible as possible with the license however I think it this case if it's your domain, for instance you are changing itzap dot com to zappydoo dot com then sure, use the license. If it's your clients license though then it should probably go with the store. Like I say, flexibility is key but at the same time, setting up a new store is going to inevitably generate new questions, support and require new features to keep up so if we are not getting income from new licenses, in the end there won't be anybody here to do that. Hopefully also with the developer license the actual cost for a new store is minimal.
I welcome your comments however as this is certainly a grey area.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1006 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  16:48:54  
Yes I understand and that's fine. Will continue to buy a license for each new website project, on behalf of my client. Since the license is purchased under my ECT Account, my clients will never post questions here. I provide them personal tech support, answer questions and resolve any problems.
Thanks for clearing that up Vince.

Regards, Gary

Edited by - ITZAP on 03/27/2020 17:00:35
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000