ASP (Windows server) versions
 Client Login and Cart Issues Since Updating
Author « Topic »  

Mark Piscitelli
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  18:40:01  
I updated to v7.1.8 last week and v7.1.9 today and have some issues now. The "Log into Account" button doesn't work anymore and some customers haven't been able to add things to their cart. It just spins and hangs. I had the same problem myself on my I-pad but was able to add to cart from my laptop an hour later. I did upload the js and css ectcart files when I uploaded the updatestore file. Any thoughts on what to check?

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  18:45:46  
Hi Mark

I would double check that all files in the updater(s) have made it to the server.

Steve
Bolton, Lancashire, UK

Remember - Any edits to the ectcart.css file will be overwritten by updater's. ALL edits to ectcart.css rules should be placed in your style.css file

Edited by - 1818charlie on 03/25/2020 18:48:13

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  19:30:38  
Did you upload these files?

Files changed since previous ASP version:
vsadmin\inc\inccart.asp
vsadmin\inc\incclientlogin.asp
vsadmin\inc\incemail.asp
vsadmin\inc\incfunctions.asp
vsadmin\inc\incproddetail.asp
vsadmin\inc\incprods.asp

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Vince
Administrator

42430 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  03:30:18  
Hi Mark
Is it possible you don't have this parameter in your includes.asp file...
enableclientlogin=TRUE
Without that the function that handles the login isn't generated and this is what seems to be happening on your site. I admit it should probably handle this better (say by warning this is the case) and I'll look at that now, but I think this should get you going.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Mark Piscitelli
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  05:29:47  
Thanks Vince. I added the line and that seems to be working now.

I still have the cart issue though. I tried adding to my cart from my android phone and I-pad this morning and both just hung and spun. I could add to cart from my Windows 10 laptop. I only have about a dozen products on the site and I notice sometimes it takes 20 secs or more just to change between products now but I figured that was because 1/2 or the world may be home and online at the same time.

Mark Piscitelli
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  05:52:52  
I went back and checked and not all the files in the folders from the update were transferred. I uploaded everything that didn't transfer except the custompayproc folder and my phone and tablet were able to add to cart.

When you get the message "all files updated correctly" or whatever it says when you run /updatestore.asp , should that include all the folders in the update? I never check because things have always worked so I just thought whatever files needed to update were programmed to do so and the others weren't needed.

Vince
Administrator

42430 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  11:51:15  
Hi Mark
When you run the updatestore.asp script it is only referring to the database update. Copying the files is done separately and I'm glad to see you got everything copied correctly in the end.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000