Database Utilities Questions
Author « Topic »  

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2020 :  18:28:22  
Hi,

I've noticed my site has been running slow lately so I decided to try some of the database utilities. I have run into several issues. When I ran the check for broken image links it shows that every product is missing the image. This doesn't seem to be the case as all my products have working images (Small, large, and Giant). Could this be related to using magic zoom/toolbox?

I also tried to run the reorder product image script. When I do, I get the following error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

/vsadmin/inc/incdbutility.asp, line 522

Lastly I tried the NVARCHAR to VARCHAR tool and it says:

This script is only designed for use with a MicroSoft SQL Server database

I am running ASP 7.1.8 on servelink and have tried the scripts in Edge, Chrome and Firefox with the same results.

Phil

Vince
Administrator

42465 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  02:16:22  
Hi Phil
If you've got a slow MS Access database I think that one of the best things you could do is a "Compact and Repair". Is this something you can do yourself? This reorders the data in the database so makes it much more efficient for retrieval.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2020 :  09:46:07  
Hi Vince,

I have Servelink upgrading my database to Microsoft SQL. Hopefully this speeds things up and makes everything work.

Thanks,

Phil
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000