General
 Off topic, News and Updates
 Creative Sale Suggestions
Author « Topic »  

trendyhounds
Advanced Member

245 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2018 :  10:42:20  
I'm looking for some creative sale suggestions? What are some creative sales you've run in your store & how did you configure it?

I've run the normal discount (percentage off), but looking to do something different if possible.

Just to give you an idea of what I make & sell, I make dog collars, leashes, etc. I've thought about doing something like "Spend $50 & get a percentage off" or "Purchase 3 items & get a percentage off" but I don't know how to configure those scenarios.

Again, any creative suggestions would be great.

Kathleen

Edited by - trendyhounds on 02/21/2018 13:57:23

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2018 :  03:48:38  
Hi Kathleen

You can set up "Spend $50 & get a percentage off" via the admin discounts page, let us know if you need some help with that https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/discounts.asp

Over the weekend I bought some fruit trees and ended up buying more than I needed to get a percentage discount and free shipping - it works

I regularly get business cards in my packages with a coupon code for my next purchase, sometimes a surprise gift too.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  00:39:48  
My fruit trees arrived yesterday and inside the package was a free packet of seeds and free pruning scissors (they were marked as free gift so they didn't just drop into the box)

Andy

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  07:08:04  
Having a house full of pets getting a sample of say Greenies in my order is a nice surprise and my cats and dogs love'em

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

trendyhounds
Advanced Member

245 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  13:38:01  
Thank you Andy & Sinbad. I'm going to see if I can figure out the "Spend $50 & get percentage off" configuration. That's an idea I was looking for.

Really like the idea of including a business card with a discount offer for a future purchase too.

Tried the "sample treat" idea that a company supplied & it didn't work out too well. Actually backfired a couple of times because of people being so leary about dog food products.

Any other ideas, please let me know.

trendyhounds
Advanced Member

245 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  14:01:03  
Below is an example under the " Min / Max Purchase Amount" discounts page.

Can both these discounts be set up at the same time? If so, how?

So for example, spend between $50 and $100 products for a 5% discount - spend between $100 and 150 for a 10% reduction etc.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  14:10:02  
Hi you would need to setup 2 different discounts one for 50 and the other for 100.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

trendyhounds
Advanced Member

245 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2019 :  18:37:00  
I set up this discount: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. However, I can't figure out how to make it work on multiple/different items. The Scope is "assign to individual products/categories".

I only want this on 2 (red & blue) products so I can move them. When I add 1 red product to the cart, then add 1 blue product to the cart, it won't do the discount. If I add 2 reds to the cart, it works perfectly.

What am I missing?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  02:31:09  
Sorry, I missed your post here. There isn't a mechanism to get a discount on a specific product if another particular one is purchased I'm afraid. You could say spend x amount for discounts on any product in the same category but I don't think that's what you are after here, is it?

Andy

trendyhounds
Advanced Member

245 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  09:21:36  
I'm trying to move 2 specific products: 1.5" Nylon Red and 1.5" Nylon Royal Blue

https://www.trendyhounds.com/Nylon-dog-collar-Red
https://www.trendyhounds.com/Nylon-dog-collar-Royal-Blue

I didn't want to limit customers or loose out on sales with them having to purchase 2 of the same color in order to buy 1 get 1 50% off.

I also made up this listing and added the product images in the option/alternate so the customer could see which color they are ordering & couldn't get that to work. https://www.trendyhounds.com/Nylon-dog-collar-Red-or-Royal-Blue

Whenever I add the product images to the option/alternate box it's blocks out the price.

Ultimately, I'm just trying to offer the sale of buy 1, get 1 50% off of either color & move as many as possible.

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7621 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  04:43:51  
Hi Kath,
I've just taken a look at this for you and sent you an email

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000