PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Payment Provider for Wholesale
Author « Topic »  

EllenD
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2018 :  10:45:07  
Hi, We currently offer PayPal & email (bank transfer) payments to both wholesale and retail customers. The Paypal works out expensive on the wholesale orders, so I would like to offer Paypal to retail customers only. Is this possible please? Our retail customers do not log in. I can only see a way to restrict the payment provider to non-logged in users, rather than the other way around.

Using ECT PHP latest version. Any suggestions please?

Thank you
Ellen

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2018 :  11:42:18  
Hi Ellen, payment providers can be restricted to customer logins. You want retail customers to see both Paypal and Email. and wholesale customers to only see Email is that right?

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

EllenD
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2018 :  13:13:34  
Hi Sinbad, yes that's right. When I look under 'payment providers' for Paypal, I can set login levels 1 - 5 or 'no restriction'. What should I choose to allow paypal for retail customers only? They would not be logged in. Currently Paypal & Email are both set to 'no restriction'.
Many thanks
Ellen

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2018 :  13:19:31  
Hi Ellen, I can't see a way of setting it up the way that you want.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

EllenD
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2018 :  14:29:03  
Hi Sinbad, OK thanks for the info. I think I'll add it to the suggestions forum. We used to use a surcharge for Paypal payments to reflect the costs, but since that is now not allowed (in UK/Europe anyway) perhaps others will agree the need to restrict PayPal on the wholesale customers where margins are tighter! Thanks.

EllenD
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2018 :  14:54:51  
Added to suggestions forum here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109677
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000