Page: of 2

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  12:34:05  
Can you direct me to the tutorial to set-up minimum purchase quantities on individual products. NOT on dollar amounts. but on each specific item.

We have items that are priced individually but must be purchased in a set box quantity on these certain items.

I have added the numbers in the spreadsheet, but can't find how to make it work in the help sections.

Thanks.

Michelle L Cosen

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  12:51:25  
Hi Michelle, we have information on that here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/parameters.asp#minpurchaseqty

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  13:54:44  
That seems to be for all products??

I'm looking for individual products minimum quantity. This is what I have figured out so far from the help files.

1. I have added the minquantity to the includes file:

$detailpagelayout='navigation, checkoutbutton, productimage, manufacturer, productname, discounts, listprice, price, currency, options, minquantity, quantity, addtocart, previousnext, description, reviewstars, reviews, emailfriend';

2. I have added a dozen products thru an upload with pMinQuant column having values.

3. and even fixed the auto adding of 1 thru the admin panel by the ADD -1. However I'm never going to be able to manage this error in the program on a mass scale. Is there a way to put in something to auto adjust this?

4. So now the message only shows up in the cart way up top and not even on the line of the product. I need it to show up just before the quantity on the product detail page.

HELP!! What am I am missing??

Michelle L Cosen

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10243 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2018 :  18:33:35  
Are you sure this will work for you anyway?

quote:
We have items that are priced individually but must be purchased in a set box quantity on these certain items.

If you only sell the item in a set box quantity, I don't think it will help you.
Lets say your "set box quantity" is 12 units.
What will you do if a customer adds 13 to the cart?

I suggest just pricing the product for a box of 12 and indicate that it's only sold (and priced) by the case of 12.
Then if you need to disclose the "each" price you can just do that in the product description or use one of the custom fields for that.

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  05:11:18  
the box amount is the minimum we can sell.. we can sell 13, but not 11.

Michelle L Cosen

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  05:19:16  
So yes it will work.. I just need someone to answer my previous questions.
Thanks.

Michelle L Cosen

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  06:24:40  
Did you set the minimum quantity per product in the Quick Entry drop down menu in the products admin page?

The display is down to missing the css line I imagine but if you let us know the URL, we'll take a look?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  06:26:55  
The site is not live and I believe it is the missing css, so if you can direct me on what that should look like and where to place it.. I can do that.

I and just not clear on the exact way to write the css for the existing minquantity function. I have tried to guess but no luck.

Michelle L Cosen

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  07:04:56  
That would be something like this

div.prodminquant{
width:98%;
float:left;
}

div.detailminquant{
}

Andy

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:05:19  
OK..

So to confirm the css is "minquant" and the detail page layout is "minquantity"?

$detailpagelayout='navigation, checkoutbutton, productimage, manufacturer, productname, discounts, listprice, price, currency, options, minquantity, quantity, addtocart, previousnext, description, reviewstars, reviews, emailfriend';

Now I just need to know how to get a message to display.. as it still does not show a message above quantity.

Do I need to add a line to this area in the includes file to display it?

//Display Options

$pricezeromessage="<b>Please select an option</b>";

$pagebarattop=0;
$showquantonproduct=FALSE;
$showquantondetail=TRUE;

P.S. I also need to know how to get the minquant column uploads to NOT add 1 "automatically" to the minimum.

Michelle L Cosen

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:32:58  
minquantity is what you would add to the list in includes.php as in your example

The css for that would be

div.detailminquant{
}

This has no bearing on minimum quantity display

//Display Options

$pricezeromessage="<b>Please select an option</b>";

$pagebarattop=0;
$showquantonproduct=FALSE;
$showquantondetail=TRUE;

Andy

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:41:02  
ok.. so set as you confirmed.. but does not display?

Michelle L Cosen

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:50:37  

The message belwo shows up in the cart at the top of the page, but not on the product detail page.

The product ROUND TRAFFIC BUTTON 4" (.75" TALL)(NON REFLECT)YELLOW CERAMIC[BOX/50] has a minimum quantity of 51.

Note that the minimum is 50 and I still need the solution to autofix the program adding 1 to every quantity.

Michelle L Cosen

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:58:08  
What version is the store on as minquantity was added in v6.7 I believe.

In the product admin quick entry feature what minimum quantity value do you have showing for the product ROUND TRAFFIC BUTTON 4" (.75" TALL)(NON REFLECT)YELLOW CERAMIC[BOX/50] - the default is 1 so maybe you added 50 to that rather than 49.

Andy

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  08:59:26  
Ecommerce Plus PHP v6.8.5

Michelle L Cosen

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  09:01:55  
It entered 50, because that is the info from the spreadsheet that the product manager enters.

I saw a post that touched on the topic of adding a line of code to fix that issue. But it did not cover it completely.

Michelle L Cosen

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  09:16:43  
Can you go to the admin products page and using the Quick Entry, use the "Add" feature to add "-1" to the minimum and update, that should then set everything correctly.

I don't know why the message isn't appearing on your detail page, it works fine here - can you double check your includes.php file and if you are using 2 for security reasons, make sure both are updated?

Andy

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  09:38:31  
Let's re-review.

1. NOT using a second includes file. In fact if I change minquantity to minquant in the $detailpagelayout list, a line of text showing that it is an error shows up exactly where I want it.

2. My code in includes file:

3. My code in css file style.css
div.prodminquantity{
}

div.detailminquantity{
}

4. I'll instruct the product manager to enter one less to accommodate the issue on the 51 versus 50.

Can you send me something that shows what the message look like on a product detail page?? It only shows in the cart for me.

Hee is what I found that makes me think this is an issue for other s too?

Just tested out the minimum quantity on the demo page linked in the newsletter. When clicking "add to cart" without a quantity box present, it really should add the minimum quantity of 12 to the cart instead of just giving you a warning on the cart summary page that the minimum quantity is 12.

I also think a css tool tip on mouseover on the quantity box should display the error message. It took me a minute to figure out what the error was.

EDIT: I also wanted to mention stock management. Perhaps you are already checking this, but the product should be considered out-of-stock if the stock left falls below the minimum order quantity.

Daniel Ewers
Ecom-Mods.com

PHP extensions from Ecom-Mods.com
Rate Our Products & Services

Edited by - dewers on 04/06/2017 10:38:22
Go to Top of Page

Vince
Administrator

36593 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2017 : 08:43:50 Show Profile Email Poster

Hi Daniel
Good points there as always and I've added a tooltip to the cart page and the stock management now takes the minimum into account.
While there I've made a change to the sense of the database values as before a minimum quantity in the database of both 0 and 1 were treated as a minimum of 1. Now the minimum is one above the value in the database. My apologies to those that have already set the minimum values but all you will need to do is subtract one from any value set. You can do this via an SQL Query such as...
UPDATE products SET pMinQuant=pMinQuant-1 WHERE pMinQuant>0
Or via the Quick Entry feature in the admin products page using the "Add" funtion to add "-1" to the values. With the new changes, any value below 1 will automatically display as 1 and the values displayed in the Quick Entry are the actual minimum quantities, not the database values.

Vince

Michelle L Cosen

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  09:50:26  
Here's an example from our demo store

http://ectwp.com/Table-Tennis-Ball

Andy

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  09:53:00  
ok.. so not understanding why that same thing doesn't happen for me. :(

I'll ask the IT guy that handles that database to look at it.

Michelle L Cosen

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2018 :  09:57:04  
Let me ask.. where does the code for the "This product has a minimum quantity of ## items." live?

maybe that is missing somehow from my files. I can atleast check before I send my IT guy on a wild goose chase.

Michelle L Cosen
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000