Advanced Member

USA
281 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/31/2018 :  11:40:43  
Hi!

WE are getting the following error on the UPS connection on check out
There seems to be a problem connecting to the shipping rates server. Please wait a few moments and refresh your browser, or try a different shipping carrier.
Error, couldn't connect to https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate (-2147012867).
A connection with the server could not be established

I talked to the Web host and they had the following to say:

Greetings from HostMySite.com!

I checked and confirm "mydomainname.com" is hosted on window server where TLS 1.2 is already enabled.

=================================================

1. .NET 4.0 TLS 1.2 is not supported, but if you have .NET 4.5 (or above) installed on the server, then you can force TLS 1.2 even if the application doesn't support it. However, it requires a different code change in the application's start event.

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = (SecurityProtocolType)3072;

Another alternative you can use for forcing TLS 1.2 in .NET 4.0 is making the below registry changes. Please note that TLS 1.2 only works with .NET 4.0 if .NET 4.5 (or above) is also installed.

It may be necessary to have all other protocols except for TLS 1.2 disabled via the OS in order for this solution to work.

2. .NET 2.0 TLS 1.2 is not supported and there is no workaround.

=================================================

Checked and confirm domain Startrescue.com domain is using .NET Framework v2.0 and Pipeline mode is Classic.

You will need to contact developer and update code to forcefully catch TLS 1.2.

Let us know once you want to change .NET version so will change it for you.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email, calling at the number 1-877-215-4678 or chatting in through HostMySite.com.

Thank you and take care!!

The store does not have an SSL on it as it processes on Authorize.net's site. I would like to put an SSL on it for Google but the host charges $99/year, Bluehost does not charge for the basic HTTPS connection but I don't really want to go through the hassle of moving it. We are on vs6.7.4. ASP site. Would updating the store or adding ssl fix the issue?

Thanks
Diane

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2018 :  12:50:02  
Hi Diane

That would be a TLS1.2 issue. Can you have a look at the thread here that offers a couple of tests and help https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107642

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

dobsonwebdesign
Advanced Member

USA
281 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  08:47:03  
I have read through that and it seems to be directed at those with their own server. I guess I will call the web host back. Do I need the SSL for this to work?

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  09:21:25  
Hi Diane
quote:
Do I need the SSL for this to work
No, you don't need a site SSL certificate for this to work.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

dobsonwebdesign
Advanced Member

USA
281 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  10:18:34  
this is the response I got back from the web host:

I set application pool to .net version 4.0. See attached screen shot for other settings of application pool. Moreover as its shared environment so all TLS versions are enabled on web server. However as of now we are not going to disable TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.1 on web server. However you need to update your code to forcefully use TLS 1.2 in place TLS 1.0.

Refer https://blogs.perficient.com/2016/04/28/tsl-1-2-and-net-support/

Is this something in your code? On My host? in my files that I upload to the host? This is over my head.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  14:10:45  
Hi Diane
This has nothing to do with the application pool .net version and your application is not a .NET application as it seem to assume in the link your host passed you. Is changing hosts an option? Have you considered servelink.com ?

Vince

dobsonwebdesign
Advanced Member

USA
281 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  15:40:54  
Vince,

I have been interested in moving this client for a long time, I will discuss it with him. This current Web Host is a nightmare!
So right now there is nothing that I can do to fix this issue?

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  01:39:31  
Hi Diane
If you send me the site FTP login details to my email I'll try a couple of things but really, I think this is down to the host. There really is no reason to keep TLS1.0 enabled either as there is no service that I am aware of that accepts TLS1.0 that would not accept TLS1.2

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  01:51:20  
Hi Diane
I can't seem to log in with the FTP details you sent me. Can you double check them? Or export the site in FileZilla and send me that?
In the meantime it seems that the css/ectcart.css file hasn't been updated and so the add to cart popup window does not display properly. Updating the site fully would be a good idea if you haven't done so already, but in that case, don't forget to add the ectcart.js javascript to all the pages too.

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2018 :  02:35:18  
Hi Diane
We finally get a connection just as I'm about to head off on my holidays.
But no, it doesn't look like the idea I had is going to make any difference, but could you try forwarding this to your host...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-a-default-secure-protocols-in
This may be just what they need.

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000