Author « Topic »  

SUREFEED
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  14:21:06  
Is an email server provided with ecthosting?
and can new addresses be added to the server?

I want to keep my domain email address which lives on my windows VPS with PLESK control panel that provides an email server. And my Registrar is Godaddy and it's just pointing to my web server.

Will this be the same setup but without email server

dave@surefeedparts.com
Thanks, Dave

Edited by - SUREFEED on 09/11/2018 14:40:29

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  15:29:49  
Hi Dave

Basically we can set it up any way you wish. By default, transactional email will work but there's no other domain email service provided. Or we can configure DNS here to point to some external service (free), such as Office365 or your own mail server in this case, or we can design some custom mail service to meet your needs at extra cost. Up to you really, it's very flexible.

Peter

ServeLink
Professional ecommerce web hosting for ASP & PHP
https://servelink.com

Take a look at our image upload/resize tool for the ASP cart
https://servelink.com/clients/cart.php?gid=7

SUREFEED
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/13/2018 :  05:41:08  
A curious thought ?

I have been using ECT since 2006 on my own Windows VPS-PLESK with 3rd party FP extensions (Yes a dinosaur, but it works)
I am not and do not want to become an computer geek.
Hence the reason for ECT (Thank You) Love you guy's!!!

It's time to get in the present

So this is why I can't understand, why you guy's wouldn't just set up a simple email server to go with the website hosting for the domain names!

I would prefer my email address match my domain!

I run my own web hosting VPS and know how easy this is to do which is load email program and go thru the same control panel that you are using to configure the server and give limited access to the client to create an email account(s).

(we can design some custom mail service to meet your needs at extra cost)

I understand you can do that but why!

To me, this does not make sense, why not just go ahead and provide email service for the websites you want to host! Included.......

One Stop Turnkey Package!
1) Template
2) Hosting
3) Email-Your Domain (The Biggy)
4) Domain Registrar

keep life simple instead of having people deal with MX records and third party email stuff that they probably whether not deal with

again, a curious thought

Thanks, Dave

Edited by - SUREFEED on 09/13/2018 06:42:46

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2018 :  06:12:51  
Hi Dave

Thanks for your kind words and support over the years. I'll have a word with Peter about the points raised.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

SUREFEED
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/16/2018 :  08:25:10  
Hi Andy,

Any word from on the Hosted website domain email.

I remember when you had to do this for ASP!

From the Manual

Main Settings
The email address you set in the "Email address:" section is very important. [red]It has to be an address on the same domain as your website as this is a security feature for most hosts to avoid SPAM[/red]. For instance if your website is www.yourwebsite.com then an email address on that domain would be say info@yourwebsite.com

So I take it this not the case anymore,

Thanks,
Dave

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2018 :  09:04:46  
Hi Dave

Sorry, I should have got back to you - I did speak to Peter and we set up a page with hosting details here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/ectstore/hosting.asp
quote:
The hosting comes with transactional email by default. This means that any email triggered by the store will be sent and will work correctly. We can configure your set up so that emails go to an external service such as Office 365 or your own email server. If you prefer we can set up a custom mail service for a fee, please contact us if you require further information.
Andy

jaagster

74 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  15:05:29  
In regard to SURFEED's question, can I have an outgoing email address with the domain name - eg mail@mydomainname.com? I would think this is very important especially when communicating with customers.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2018 :  07:36:42  
Hi

Yes, that would be possible.

Andy

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000