Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  12:57:50  
Good Afternoon,
After updating my server I am having issues creating the Databases in MySQL. Won't access the creatdb.php file. I am running PHP version 7.3.2 Is this supported? I am having an issue with PHPMyAdmin coming up... just get a blank page.

Thanks
Mark

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  13:27:21  
Hi Mark

I believe the php version is fine but what version is the store on and what do you see opening createdb.php?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  13:39:13  
Prior to my server crash.... Store version did not say I needed and update. Error is

When reporting support issues, please quote your PHP version number which is 7.3.2

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_query() in C:\Apache24\htdocs\InMarshal.org\Store\IMA Store\createdb.php:1418 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\Apache24\htdocs\InMarshal.org\Store\IMA Store\createdb.php on line 1418

MySQL version is 8.0.15

Edited by - Thrasher on 02/11/2019 13:41:23

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  14:05:06  
Looks like your copy of createdb.php is old, but I'm not sure why you are trying to run that when you have an existing database, according to your other posts. You probably want to be importing your existing database, into an empty database if necessary, rather than running createdb.php.

Peter

ServeLink
Professional ecommerce web hosting for ASP & PHP
https://servelink.com

Take a look at our image upload/resize tool for the ASP cart
https://servelink.com/clients/cart.php?gid=7

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  14:09:09  
Server crashed..... can't get back on it to recover the database. Poor planning.... no back up of database. I have the store templates in Dreamweaver... Have to rebuild the store items

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  16:22:57  
Did you update the form of your database connection as directed in the other post? https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107737

Peter

ServeLink

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  09:12:34  

Thanks Pete,
No.... Not sure it matters at this point. Smoke was coming out of the hard drive. Gonna go out on a limb and say this is not a good sign. That server (for lack of a better term) ran for almost 15 years. Hard to complain.

Just gotta figure out were to go from here.

I have all the templates loaded to the new server.... it is a matter of generating the database files. The websites that are HTML driven are working fine. It is the PHP sites with problems.

Since I am having issues with the phpmysql... is there any reason i could create the database in MySQL workbench?
Mark

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  09:17:20  
Can you open incfunctions.php and look in the code, near the top there should be an ECT Version number.

Andy

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  10:16:13  
Andy,
I have (or had) 3 store running on that server. Each has a different "Build" I assume that is the Version.
They are:

Mark

Edited by - Thrasher on 02/12/2019 10:16:55

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  10:26:11  
quote:
Since I am having issues with the phpmysql... is there any reason i could create the database in MySQL workbench?

Sure you can, any way you like, you can create a database and user on the command line if you like.

In fact you have to do something like like that because createdb.php is not going to create a database from scratch, you have to connect it to an empty database and then from there it will build tables and fill with sample data.

You also need to update the form of database connection to the mysqli style mentioned earlier, as PHP 7.x no longer supports mysql.

Peter

ServeLink

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  10:37:33  
Thanks Peter.
Is that the https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107737 link you sent me?

..... and what is the procedure to connect to an empty database?

Ops.... just read the entire syntax....
Will that then create the tables?
Mark

Edited by - Thrasher on 02/12/2019 10:40:08

insight
ECT Moderator

USA
4476 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  10:47:31  
Yes, should do. Make the database connection in the new mysqli format https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107737 entering into db_conn_open.php the database name, user name, password and host name of the empty database you created on the command line (or however you did it) and then run the createdb.php script. That should create the necessary tables and populate with basic data, sample products and what not.

Try it on the newer 6.7 store first, as the others are a bit old and might need an update.

Peter

ServeLink

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  11:24:48  
Thanks Peter.... gonna give that a shot.
Power here in the Midwest today is a little if'y! Horrible Ice storm!
Mark

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  19:04:33  
Peter/Andy

I did all that... got the data base to create... WOW!! I am all kinds of messed up now. Check out www.shipewelldrilling.com it is showing the multiple websites...... on one page.
got the following Errors:

Table abandonedcartemail already exists. Not creating.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'abandonedcartemail' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60
Table address already exists. Not creating.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'address' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60
Table admin already exists. Not creating.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'admin' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60
Table adminlogin already exists. Not creating.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'adminlogin' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60
Table affiliates already exists. Not creating.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'affiliates' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function print_sql_error(), 0 passed in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 214 and exactly 1 expected in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php:47 Stack trace: #0 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php(214): print_sql_error() #1 {main} thrown in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 47

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  00:09:18  
If you get a message such as

Table address already exists

It means that the database you were creating via createdb.php wasn't empty. I would just create a new empty database, put the new details into db_conn_open.php and try again.

Andy

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  09:00:39  
Andy.... this is what I get when I try running the createdb.php the SWD database was empty when I ran createdb. I did check and all the tables were created..... just a ton of errors:

Adding alternaterates table default data
Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

Warning: Illegal string offset 'cart' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'countries' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'cpnassign' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'giftcertificate' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'giftcertsapplied' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'installedmods' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'mailinglist' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'multibuyblock' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'notifyinstock' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'orders' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'pricebreaks' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'productpackages' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60
Table 'swd.productpackages' doesn't existTable 'swd.productpackages' doesn't existSpecified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes

Warning: Illegal string offset 'products' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'ratings' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'recentlyviewed' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60

Warning: Illegal string offset 'relatedprods' in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\createdb.php on line 60
Table admin already exists. No default data added.
Table auditlog already exists. No default data added.
Table cart already exists. No default data added.
Table cartoptions already exists. No default data added.
Table countries already exists. No default data added.
Table emailmessages already exists. No default data added.
Table optiongroup already exists. No default data added.
Table options already exists. No default data added.
Table orders already exists. No default data added.
Table orderstatus already exists. No default data added.
Table payprovider already exists. No default data added.
Table postalzones already exists. No default data added.
Table prodoptions already exists. No default data added.
Table productimages already exists. No default data added.
Table products already exists. No default data added.
Table sections already exists. No default data added.
Table states already exists. No default data added.
Table uspsmethods already exists. No default data added.
Table zonecharges already exists. No default data added.
Table countries already exists. No default data added.
Table orderstatus already exists. No default data added.
Table payprovider already exists. No default data added.
Completed, but with errors !

Edited by - Thrasher on 02/13/2019 09:04:48

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  09:07:36  
This is the ECT 6.7 site, correct, using the 6.7 createdb.php file, correct?

Also check the styntax in db_conn_open.php and includes.asp https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107737

Andy

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  09:16:45  
Yes... 6.7.4.000

I checked the syntax again... looks correct.

Like I said.... it created all the tables in the database.
Mark

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  10:05:58  
If all the tables are created, can you run and upload the latest updater and see if that puts things right?

Andy

Thrasher
Advanced Member

USA
208 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  10:25:49  
Andy,
here is what I get when I try to log into the store

Table 'swd.countries' doesn't exist
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on bool in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\vsadmin\inc\incfunctions.php:2168 Stack trace: #0 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\vsadmin\inc\incfunctions.php(59): ect_fetch_assoc(false) #1 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\vsadmin\inc\incloginfunctions.php(13): getadminsettings() #2 C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\vsadmin\login.php(18): include('C:\\Apache24\\htd...') #3 {main} thrown in C:\Apache24\htdocs\ShipeWellDrilling.com\vsadmin\inc\incfunctions.php on line 2168

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  01:08:27  
It seems that many of the tables weren't created. It might be best to set up a new empty database and run the createdb.php file on that.

Andy

Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000