PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 ALT ID: Hidden products and Quantity pricing
Author « Topic »  

timothyhoang
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  04:03:30  
For many years, I use ALT ID to show product option images in the shopping cart, and also hide option products. A beautiful and practical feature!

When there is a quantity discount in the product with options, then I can only choose between option image in the shopping cart or quantity discount, but not both.

Is there any way to work around to get both? Thank you for your suggestion.

Timothy Hoang

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  04:36:53  
Hi Timothy

I think I must be missing something as I don't see the relation between quantity pricing and option images - could you explain a little more?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

timothyhoang
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  06:21:01  
Here is an example:
Item BJ212 has 8 colors. Quantity pricing will apply to this item BJ212 regardless of different colors purchased.
(1) I create 8 option items, namely BJ212-01, BJ212-02.... BJ212-08, each with its own small images. I also create the main item BJ212 containing 8 options for shop displaying.
(2) I hide all option items, and this helps to reduce visible items and confusion for customers.
(3) I set ALT ID in option oBJ212 to be used in the main item BJ212.
(4) I set quantity pricing discount for buying 10 for the main item BJ212.
(5) When added to cart, BJ212 will take the options image from each option item to display in the cart. Very nice !
(6) Adding to cart 10 item BJ212 with different colors will not get any quantity pricing discount. This is understandable because items in cart are not the same items selected with option when purchased. They are option items which has no discount set on them.
(7) Since quantity discount is more important, I go back and delete ALT ID, and get quantity discount but not option image in cart.

I used DLSS quantity pricing mod, and had this dilemma. ECT adds the quantity pricing, and the dilemma still lives on. I wonder why and what purpose the Alt Large Image is always there. I wish it can be used for displaying option images in cart.

timothyhoang
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  06:36:12  
I normally use the short html codes like <b> and <br> in Multi-purchase option. In new ECT version, the codes are OK for displaying in detail page (all hidden), but not in cart page (all html codes appeared there). Without using the ALT ID, the cart looks worse with the generic picture from the main item and the option description with all html codes below it.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  07:13:42  
From what I understand you were using a system that wasn't set up to work like that although obviously it did for you. If you had asked I would have said that the way you had things working wasn't possible as it's not something that the software was supposed to do - it sounds more like a handy hack that is no longer available. The same with HTML in product options, they're not designed to accept HTML. Sorry I don't have better news there.

Andy

timothyhoang
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  07:36:07  
Is there any workaround to get both the quantity pricing and the option image on cart for a multi-option item? My understanding is that the item shown in cart is not the same item with option selected in detail page.

Timothy

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  08:03:58  
If you are using the Alt Prod ID feature the image should be set on the new product ID rather than the option, have you tried that and then the quantity pricing could also be set on that resulting ID.

Andy

timothyhoang
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  09:06:52  
I suspected that my understanding of the Alt Pro ID may not be very clear. If using the Alt Prod ID, the software always take the image from the Alt Prod ID (the option) and display on the cart. I do not know how to set image on the new product ID, just only the quantity pricing on it.

Is the new product ID the one displayed on detail page? I am a little confused!

Timothy

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  09:26:41  
When you set up the Alt Prod ID feature you are effectively creating a new product with that ID and it is referenced from the options admin page so the product itself is set to hidden. Any attributes of the prod alt id should be set on that product itself https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/alt-prod-id.asp

Andy

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000