Author « Topic »  

WaltG
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
845 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/23/2019 :  08:54:41  
I am totally revamping my product line. We are dropping one entire section of products and expanding another section possibly quadrupling it in size or greater.

As the product section is expanded the list of products will become large and be page after page of items.

The numbering of these products is sequential but grouped by scale. even at that one has reached six pages in length. I would like to subdivide these into logical groups but the number would be a bit erratic.

So what I'm asking is this. If I were to give each product a new ID could it still somehow reference the old ID so that when I do a sales total I'll be able to see the total of all sold of one particular item?

I was wondering if adding a SKU that was common to both the old and new ID would do the trick?

Walt

www.rustystumps.com
Manufacturer of fine scale model railroad kits and detail parts

Edited by - WaltG on 02/23/2019 08:59:07

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2019 :  09:18:09  
Hi Walt

I can't see a way of sharing sales data like that I'm afraid.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

WaltG

USA
845 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/23/2019 :  10:48:04  
Hi, Andy,

I use Crystal Reports, my IT background, and if there is a common field such as SKU I can link them as one item in the report. I'll just have to use my own system of SKU numbers is all. I don't buy products outside so I don't see it as an issue.

I thought there was an Alternate ID field available but I don't see that in the Responsive Design Admin stuff.

Walt

www.rustystumps.com

V45
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
416 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/23/2019 :  12:04:08  
Hi Walt

I rarely get involved in the sites backend stuff but there is an Alt Prod ID facility that is available across the whole ECT system. Will the following be of any help to you?

[url]https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/alt-prod-id.asp[/url]

Will - Bolton Manchester UK

WaltG

USA
845 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/23/2019 :  14:06:52  
Will, not sure but that is what I was thinking about. I'll have to research it deeply.

Today I just sold of another third of the company so I'm able to concentrate on one area. At 76 you start to want to do that. [laugh]

Thing is I've really caught on to 3D CAD design and printing of quality detail pieces for model railroad and dollhouse area. As I said, this will grow expeditiously and the current ID system will become a major issue. I'm already over 100 designs and those are across 4 scales, so it's 400 different pieces right there. I expect to be at 1,000 before the end of the year.

Thanks for the input.

Walt

www.rustystumps.com

WaltG

USA
845 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/24/2019 :  05:11:17  
Mistake in my last post. Already have over 1,000 items in this product range and will be going to over 4,000.

Anyway, Phil of Betterpages came up with a good idea. Use the categories and enter the new ones but set the login level so customers don't see them until I get it all sorted out. I'm also looking at categories with subcategories as a possible solution.

Thanks for the input.

Walt

www.rustystumps.com
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000