Search our site
Author « Topic »  

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/14/2019 :  15:46:06  
How do I enter a Manufacturer so it shows in the drop down list in the product admin?

V45
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
416 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/14/2019 :  17:05:06  
Hi

The following link may help you [url]https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/manufacturers.asp[/url]

Or you can download the User Manual (pdf) from the following link [url]https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/free_downloads.asp#usermanual[/url] then visit page 84 and that will show you how to set up a Manufacturers page etc

Will - Bolton Manchester UK

Edited by - V45 on 03/14/2019 17:06:33

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/14/2019 :  18:25:08  
Thanks for responding. I did create all step by step from the help files and the issue is that in product Admin there is no Manufacturers in the dropdown even though they have been setup. Not sure if it is a bug or not

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/14/2019 :  18:53:27  
I updated to 7.0.3

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10292 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2019 :  18:54:32  
When you go into your admin under attributes setup, is the first one on the list id "0" Manufacturers?
If so, when you click Modify Attributes - do you have at least one setup there?

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/manufacturers.asp

quote:
By default the Manufacturer is assigned an ID of 0. This is because it is a special case in that it can have its own page and separate drop down choice in the product admin page.

Edited by - dbdave on 03/14/2019 18:56:55

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  09:55:25  
I have 3 setup but my first one is not list ID 0 Manufacturers. We thought that was just a sample and deleted it. Maybe that is the issue that the first needs to be ID 0 Manufacturer? If so, not sure how to correct.

I have Order 1 ID 1
Order2 ID 2
Order3 ID 3

Setup

Each are setup with a working Name and Attribute Group Name. When I click Modify attributes All 3 have both a working name and Name in the Modify Attributes Group Admin. Still no manufacturer drop down but I do see all 3 in the product Attributes drop down in Product Admin.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10292 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  10:57:31  
So that the drop down choice in the product admin populates with your manufacture options, it needs to be "0" there.
You certainly can use any of the attributes as manufacturer, but you lose the ability to show a separate manufacturer page on your site.

quote:
By default the Manufacturer is assigned an ID of 0. This is because it is a special case in that it can have its own page and separate drop down choice in the product admin page.

I suppose the best way to get back to zero may be to delete the current attributes and start back with the first being Manufacturer.
It may be possible to do in the database, but that's risky unless you are handy with that sort of thing.

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  13:47:32  
I am comfortable in the database. Do you know what table it is located in?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10292 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  14:24:51  
Hi, it's - searchcriteriagroup
But that table is likely linked to another table, so proceed with caution. Take a backup of the database first.
I expect it relies on the searchcriteria table too.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000