Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2019 :  11:08:42  
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but since the site is currently a WordPress ECT site, it seemed the most likely.

One of my clients has a small/medium WordPress ECT site (about 15 products), they have been with InMotion hosting for several years, they felt their site was too slow. I advised them on several things to help with the speed and also told them they should contact InMotion and see if there was a better package that might give them what they were looking for. The client got anxious and decided to go searching for a developer that would give him what he wanted right away (we are still working together and there are no hard feelings). He found a developer from India who promised him that he could increase the speed and fix everything. This developer moved his site to Amazon - and the site is definitely faster. Now this developer has told my client that he couldn't generate enough business for himself, so he's taken a full time job and can not longer help him. Now my client wants me to take care of his site through Amazon.

Here's my question - in just my few visits to the AWS site my head is spinning a bit. I'm used to a cPanel hosting environment and it doesn't seem that is what he has. Does anyone have any experience hosting an ECT site with AWS? Any advice, or thoughts?

Thanks!

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2019 :  11:47:56  
Hi

It's not something I've had to deal with but maybe someone else here has. Are there no YouTube tutorials?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2019 :  14:27:47  
I use AWS S3 for automated backups of local data to the cloud. I have not explored them as a host.
I can tell you they have a ton of help info there, but it's so much, it's quite overwhelming, as you mentioned.
It's not going to be like traditional hosting, I can tell you.
Maybe you should enlist a good host familiar with ect (like Servelink) that would help get the site moved over for you.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000