Getting Started and Pre-Sales
 I have done something wrong I cannot identify
Author « Topic »  

ken@hauntedstudios.com

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2019 :  08:53:47  
Good Morning;

In the process of updating my contact email I seem to have locked myself out of full forum access. My old email, ken@xxxx.com had to be retired; after 14 years usage I was on every spam list that existed. I changed my profile email to ken-patterson@xxxxx.com Now I have the following error: "Your forum profile is showing that you do not have supported products within the support time limit. It may be that our database has not yet updated or that the email address you have entered in your forum" and when I click on the link to check my status I get "Your current suport status is Ok. Support for our products is provided for a period of time after purchase. Before purchase or after this time you can still post on the forum but your questions will be limited to pre-sales questions only, not support questions. The email address you use to sign up for the forum must match that of your product purchases. If you wish to change your forum email address you can do so in your profile by clicking here."

The click here takes me to a page to change my contact email so I changed it back to ken@xxxxxxxxx.com but still had the same access error. I have since changed my contact email back to ken-patterson@xxxxx.com

The forum ID I use, ken@xxxx.com cannot be changed as far as I can see. I have read the instructions for changing contact information but it seems to make no difference here. I have been a happy ecommerce templates user for nearly 20 years and the forums have been a life saver many times. Having just upgraded to a premium responsive layout they have been especially helpful, and it's a help I really miss.

My question is how to I get out of this position, this problem that seems to be of my own making? Any help would be great and as always I do thank you in advance.

Ken Patterson

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2019 :  09:07:22  
Hi Ken

All fixed. I changed the email on your orders to the one you have in the forum profile. I'll edit your post so you don't get on even more spam lists

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

ken@hauntedstudios.com

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2019 :  10:13:59  
Thanks Andy. I feel quite the fool on this one, and it was kind of you to rescue me, your support on the forum is invaluable!

I had my old email listed in the open on my site for so many years, I can't imagine how many times it was harvested, but this month I just had to kill a bunch of old addresses.

Thanks again for your help, all is well now.

Ken
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000