Cant style fields after update
Author « Topic »  

sparksm
Advanced Member

125 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/18/2019 :  17:31:10  
I just upgraded from 6.8.4 to 7.0.5 and can't seem to find the spot where I can edit a couple things in the soft cart that I previously had adjusted. These weren't easy to find in previous versions of ECT but now I can't find them at all.

Both of these are in the soft cart

1) The " | " between the Continue Shopping and Checkout. I'd like to remove that.

2) The number to the left of "[product name] has been added." I need to put some "( )" around the quantity number added for that item to avoid confusion with many of our products that start with a number.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2019 :  23:54:41  
Hi

The easiest way to find them is look in languagefile_en.asp for the language entries for the text around the area you want to edit, then search for that variable in incfunctions.asp`. Make a back up of the file first and also make a note of where you made the changes so in the next update you can go straight to it.

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

sparksm
Advanced Member

125 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  00:14:30  
Andy, I have tried that method with no luck, which is why I made the original post.

1) The " | " should be between xxCntShp and xxCOTxt

The only references to "xxCntShp" in incfunctions is: "xxCntShp=""" & jscheck(xxCntShp) & """," & _" in a long list of variables.
The references to "xxCOTxt" in incfunctions is: "print "var imgsoftcartcheckout='" & jsescapel(imageorbutton(imgsoftcartcheckout,xxCOTxt,"sccheckout",IIfVs(cartpageonhttps,storeurlssl)&"cart"&extension, FALSE)) & "';" & vbCrLf"

There's no sign of the " | " divider near anything meaningful.

-------------

2) The number to the left of the product name should be next to div class "scprodname" and language "xxHasAdd" but neither of those terms lead to anything meaningful in the incfunctions. "scprodname" is not mentioned at all in incfunctions, and the only place that "xxHasAdd" is mentioned is ""xxHasAdd=""" & jscheck(xxHasAdd) & """," & _" in the long list of variables.

-------------

This is beyond my experience on how to track down what I need. Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by - sparksm on 06/19/2019 00:27:50

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  00:39:48  
The first one for the separator can be done via the css file. Add this to make the | white

div.sclinks{color:#fff}

Andy

sparksm
Advanced Member

125 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  10:33:06  
Ok, that works for the little divider.

What about the quantity number in front of the product name? There doesn't appear to be a way to change it via "scprodname" in the css, and there is no mention of "scprodname" in the incfunctions, so I can't find the spot where this may reside. Even the term "prodname" is only used one here: print sstrong & "<div class="""&cs&"prodname"">"&startlink & rs(getlangid("pName",1)) & endlink & xxDot & "</div>" & estrong & vbLf but I don't believe that to be the correct spot.

We sell a lot of products cut to a specific size, such as 6"x36" or 12"x48". In the soft cart, they are displayed as 16"x36" or 112"x48" if you order 1, or 26"x36" or 212"x48" if you order 2 and so on.

Putting some brackets around the number would greatly help avoid confusion. Something like (1) 6"x36" or [2] 12"x48" would be ideal.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  11:43:11  
That wouldn't be possible via the css file. I couldn't find the code earlier but I'll take another look.

Andy

DLSS
ECT Moderator

Canada
3934 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  11:54:15  
The code you are looking for is on line 106 of the ectcart.js file in the js folder. It is highly recommended not to make changes in this file, but if you are willing to take it on then go ahead. That will however, take you away from ECT support as they do not support modifications made to the core code.

Be sure to keep good documentation, and it will be lost each time you update to a new version.

If you would like me to deal with it, send me an email.

Mike Beebe
President,
DataLinks Software Solutions
www.dlss.ca

Rate Me Here

ASP and PHP mods - www.dlss.ca/products.asp
A Tremendous Home - Home Decor and Design, D-I-Y Projects, Home Life, Recipes - www.ATremendousHome.com

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  12:26:38  
Just to add something to this thread, Mike mentions the ectcart.js file.
Some things have been moved from incfunctions to that file. In some cases, I have seen where the old code is still in the incfunctions, but inactive.

Just the same as if you edit the incfunctions file, you want to take extra precautions when editing the ectcart.js file. These files will be overwritten with updates.

The use of a file compare program is handy for locating and applying your customizations to the new updates. Good info in this thread - https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=89323

sparksm
Advanced Member

125 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/19/2019 :  13:24:02  
Removing '+retvals[baseind+2]+' from line 106 in the ectcart.js works for me. It just gets rid of the number all together.

Suggestion for future updates: Add some "( )" around that number. Although this hasn't come up before (to my knowledge), surely there are other users who would benefit from this addition while not taking away any functionality from users who didn't ask for it.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000