Tracking on Home Page
Author « Topic »  

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/27/2019 :  05:54:01  
I have searched the ECT site but am unable to find anything on this. I am wondering if there is a way to place a box on the home page (or include in all pages) for Tracking. I have numerous customers come to my site daily and navigate to the Tracking page. It would be very convenient to have a small box where the customer can input their info and track their shipment directly from the home (or any) page. I know it seems very easy to just click on the "tracking" link from the home page, but I think the order tracking input box would serve more than one purpose, as it would give potential customers a little extra confidence.

Is this already a thing?

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2019 :  05:57:55  
Hi

There isn't a tracking box, they would need to click the link to tracking.asp

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2019 :  06:18:30  
The thing to do is when sending the tracking info, it should be linked right to your tracking page.
How are you getting the tracking number to the customer? Is this a status update from the admin? If so, this page should help https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/email-messages.asp
quote:
In Version 6.2 the ability to recognize tracking numbers by their composition was introduced so you can add something like this to the order status email field

Track your package here http://www.yourstoreurl.com/tracking.asp?trackno=%trackingnum%

and your customer will be directed to the correct shipping carrier section of the tracking page.

We send the shipped email from ship station, but they have the ability to direct to the tracking page in a similar fashion.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000