Author « Topic »  

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
373 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  08:58:42  
Just recently my pc downloaded an update for Windows 10 including a new version of the MS Edge browser. Since this update we experience slow opening of popup windows in the admin section. The same on another Windows pc with Windows 10. But this might have the same update already installed.

For example when I want to resend an order. It takes a while to open the popup that shows the progress. Or when I change an order and submit this in the admin orders section. It takes ages for the popup to appear that reminds to not forget to press recalculate. And sometimes it seems as if the popup opens rapidly to disappear in a flash. Pressing Alt-Tab to see open applications and Windows does not help.

On Chrome for example all works fine and as expected.

On the storefront popups like when I put something in my cart show normal and fast.

Does anybody have a clue what this can be?

Windows: Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Edge shows:
Microsoft Edge 44.18362.1.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18362

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.
www.promanent.com | www.vaarwinkel.nl

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  14:00:06  
Hi Jaap
I just tried with my copy of Edge with all the latest updates installed on Win10 and no problem at all. Could it maybe be a slow response from the site generally that shows up more in Edge or something like that? Have you tried our test store for instance for comparison? (ectdemostore.com)

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
373 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  23:58:19  
Hi Vince,

I just tried on the demostore. The same effect in the adminorders section. I find an order, add a product, click recalculate. All is ok. Then I click on Update and Edge freezes for about 10 seconds. For example cannot switch pages by clicking on the tabs in the top bar of Edge. When control returns the order is still open and I am not returned to the list of orders.

When I test the frontend of the demostore all works very smooth and fast.

So same behavior as on or own store. Orderadmin dead slow when clicking on update and then no effect. Frontend no problems.

What can this be?

Greetings,

Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  01:39:36  
Hi Jaap
I just tried the same test as you on the demo store and no problem at all. The version of Edge that I have installed in exactly the same as yours. I'm not really sure what to do now to troubleshoot this but it's only Edge, only in the admin section and so far only seems to be where you are. (If anybody else could try on the demo store that would be great.) But for now would it be possible to just use another browser for the admin?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
373 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  02:11:37  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for trying. I also tested on the old Internet Explorer and this also works fine. So is only in Edge. On an different PC here with a not updated version of Edge all is also working.

I will check at my home as well as here I experienced the same problem and see what version of Edge I have there.

So I wonder might there be a setting somewhere in Edge that is causing this problem?

Greetings,

Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  05:10:50  
I have visited the ectdemo store using Edge and it's absolutely fine. Moving through the menus etc there is a very slight lag but nothing to be of concern. In Firefox 69.0.1 the ectdemostore seems quicker. In Opera 62.0.3331.99 the site is noticeably faster, it's almost instantaneous! Edge is the slower of the three I've checked it in

That said, the machine I have tried it on is not bang up to date with W10 updates. I will run the updates and check it again shortly.

My current version of Edge is - Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0 Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.17763 and Windows is version 1809 build 17763.615

Steve
Manchester, UK.

Edited by - 1818charlie on 08/08/2019 05:14:18

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7609 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  05:29:46  
I've also done some testing and had no issues either.
Have you tried another device?

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
373 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  08:02:49  
Hi Phil,

I have just tested at home and here no problem. But this is an 'older' version of Edge so without the latest distributed updates from Microsoft.

Windows Version: 10.0.17134, Build 17134 (Dutch language version)
Edge: 42.17134.1.0,
Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

So very strange why I have this on only one pc and then only in the admin orders section while editing an order.

In the normal store front it works swiftly on all pc's and browsers.

Greetings,

Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
373 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  08:09:55  
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for also trying. But the problem only arises on one pc, on one particular version of Edge and as far as I can see only in the admin orders section when editing an order.

When confirming the changes I press on the Update button and Edge freezes for a bit of ver 10 seconds. During which Edge does not respond to any mouse click and when it un-freezes the changes are not accepted and I am still on the edit page for the specific order.
When pressing the Update button a Popup warning should appear warning that you are about to accept the changes and you should have recalculated the order totals if these changed. This popup does not show or sometimes just flashes without being able to click on it.

Greetings,

Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  09:22:20  
My machine has finished the updates to W10 & Edge and all is flowing nicely in the ectdemostore admin

Windows10 Home
Version - 1903
OS Build - 18362-267

Microsoft Edge 44.18362.267.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18362

Steve
Manchester, UK.

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1177 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  09:37:24  
If this is the only issue on that machine then I'd first start off resetting the Edge browser before I go 'hunting' down issues with Windows or other software. Also, remember that resetting Edge is not like resetting other browsers as Edge is part of the Windows operating system, and cannot be uninstalled.

Open the “Settings” menu by clicking the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the Edge window and choose “Settings.”
Under Clear browsing data, click “Choose what to clear” and then click “Show more.” There are a lot of data types here. Select them all and click “Clear.” Restart your PC and re-open Edge for a clean slate.

If the above method has zero effect then I would reset Microsoft Edge Through PowerShell.

If the above methods don’t work for you, you may have to go nuclear. This PowerShell command will delete and re-register the core data of Microsoft Edge. Make sure you perform a full backup and/or create a system restore point before continuing in case anything goes wrong. This is very important, and do not continue before creating a backup!

First, navigate to the following folder and clear everything inside it:

C:\Users\%username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Replace %username with your own username.

Next, right-click on the Start menu and choose “Windows PowerShell (Admin)”. Copy and paste the following code inside PowerShell and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

If the process was completed successfully, you should see a message like this:

https://v45.co.uk/edge-reset-powershell.png

When you open Microsoft Edge next time, you will see that it has been reset to default. If you encounter any error, type the following command to get the first few logged events:

Get-Appxlog | Out-GridView

Note the error code in the log and proceed with the following link from MSDN knowledgebase - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/appxpkg/troubleshooting

Steve
Manchester, UK.

Edited by - 1818charlie on 08/08/2019 09:46:27

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
373 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  01:25:17  
Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the suggestions. Did a normal clear via the settings and now all seems to work properly and the popups come fast.

Greetings,

Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000