ASP (Windows server) versions
 ASP Order Notification Email
Author « Topic »  

KevinRobson
Advanced Member

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  11:15:05  
When an order is placed, no email is sent.
The server administrator says the mail server is working properly. We are able to log into webmail with the email credentials we've entered for order notifications.
May I email you a screen shot of our settings?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10272 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2019 :  11:21:25  
Hi, there is a "tick box" for order emails there, so be sure that is ticked.
Check (assuming you are using it) the email a friend or ask a question feature on one of your products to see if that email makes it.
Check spam/junk folders to be sure emails are not just ending up there.

Here are some troublshooting tips https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/email-help.asp

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2019 :  00:56:10  
Hi Kevin
You sent me the site admin settings and it seems you had the Email Object in the admin main settings page to "None". I've changed that to CDO as it should be, so can you see if that helps.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

KevinRobson
Advanced Member

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  07:32:45  
We're still having no luck getting the website to send order emails. Is there someone I can hire that knows the software?

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  08:45:23  
Hi Kevin
I wrote the software and I will help you for free if you are within your support period, but you can pay me if you like.
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/One-Hour%27s-Work
What I would do if I were you is set this parameter in your vsadmin/includes.asp file...
debugmode=TRUE
Then try a test transaction through email for instance and this should display any problems connecting to the SMTP server. Then let us know the results.

Vince

KevinRobson
Advanced Member

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  12:58:04  
I've added the debug code. Placed a test order with the same results, the order is placed but no email notification is received. I'll email you login credentials. If we're out of service, let me know and I'll use the payment link.
Thank you,
Kevin

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2019 :  15:07:26  
Hi Kevin
I've replied to your email and your support is fine right now.

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2019 :  09:23:42  
Hi Kevin
I think I've found the cause of your problems and it was just that the include line in the thanks page was missing. I've edited the thanks.asp page on your site so that the vsadmin/inc/incthanks.asp include line is back and now all the thanks page features like the receipt are appearing. Because I'm using your login the email will be sent to you so if you don't receive it then please let me know but I'm 99% sure this is the problem, (and even if it isn't, it's a step in the right direction.)

Vince

Midas
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2022 :  15:55:19  
I suddenly had the same problem without ever having changed anything in my configurations. I tried every possible configuration and more before I tried the following which was in the suggested "Email troubleshooting for .asp) mentioned above. It did the trick! Thanks to DBDAVE.
add this to vsadmin/includes.asp
smtpserverport=465
smtpusessl=TRUE
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000