Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  09:13:13  
This may be the wrong place to post this - feel free to move it, if necessary.

I have converted almost all of my sites to using the WordPress platform and I love it, for many reasons. My question here is - does anyone know of good, simple (free would be a bonus!) tutorials for learning WordPress? I have several clients who would like to take over the day to day changes on their site (posting blogs, changing some text and or images on some pages) -- not the ECT section (which is why this may not be the best place for this post...) -- but the WordPress pages. I've done some searching and everything I've found deals with using FTP to upload WordPress, creating databases, creating themes, adding plugins, etc. and every time I send a link like that to a client they are totally overwhelmed -- they just want to learn how to log in, write a blog, add a few images, or go to an existing page and add some text or images. I need a tutorial for them, that starts with an existing site and just teaches them to add or change the basics -- does anything like that exist?

Thanks!!!

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  09:17:35  
Have you tried YouTube? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wordpress+tutorial

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  09:20:37  
I have searched through quite a few - but it's all the same issue, they start you out, creating a database, choosing a theme, uploading plugins, etc - my clients won't site through all of that, they just want to write a blog and upload a few photos, or maybe change some text on their home page. I do appreciate the link.

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  09:58:46  
I'd be inclined to create a dummy WP site and then create some short content relevant videos myself of what they require. Also with it being you who is voicing & creating the videos then the trust is already there with them having used your services in the past / currently.

I myself have created a few short videos for clients and I have found that the time taken creating them has been time well saved in the long run.

Steve
Manchester, UK.

Edited by - 1818charlie on 08/26/2019 09:59:41
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000