Design issues
 Custom Checkboxes and Radio Buttons
Author « Topic »  

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2019 :  08:50:46  
Having re-styled my dropdown product options to give them a more modern look I feel that the checkboxes and radio buttons used on product and checkout pages would benefit from a similar makeover. I have found a demo showing the sort of effect I want at https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_custom_checkbox.asp, but I haven't been able to implement this. Is it just a case of working out the correct css selectors or would some additional coding be needed?

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2019 :  12:35:28  
Hi Richard
I think it would take additional coding as there are extra <span> tags which are then styled to look like the checkboxes.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10265 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2019 :  12:39:45  
Hi Richard, I agree that radio buttons need styling up, particularly when it comes to mobile devices.
Have you looked through this thread where Andy shows some cool styling of options? https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=110777

Edited by - dbdave on 09/29/2019 12:39:57

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2019 :  13:24:57  
Hi Vince & Dave,
Thank you for your replies & suggestions. I really wanted to change the look of the default checkboxes and radio buttons on product and checkout pages. Perhaps you could consider this for a future update?

Richard.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000