PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Cannot view additional images after update
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2019 :  07:27:00  
I updated my sites yesterday to the newest release (7.1.6) and now whenever you click on either additional images or "Enlarge" for any images (on the product detail page) - it opens a new page, but there is no image. This seems to be happening on all the sites that I updated yesterday. Each site seemed to update fine and gave me no errors or problems with the update.

Here is an example: https://www.alkydigger.net/proddetail.php?prod=ADHAT -- click the "Enlarge" button below the image and it will take you to another page - but there is no enlarged image.

Thanks,

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2019 :  07:58:27  
Hi,
You have the line <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/stscode.js"></script>

Normally that should be <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/ectcart.js"></script>

So I'm guessing you have renamed the original ectcart.js file, so if you rename the ectcart.js file that came with the updater to stscode.js and upload that to the js directory that should sort out your problem hopefully.
Keep backups just in case!

If you haven't renamed the original js file just add this line to all the store pages
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/ectcart.js"></script>

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Edited by - Phil on 10/15/2019 08:06:40

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2019 :  08:18:24  
I have not renamed that file. I did find stscode.js in the file - but it has been there (in many pages - it occurs 103 times in the entire site) for a long time. The date on the file is 2014, it appears that it came with the original ECT template (I believe it was the Dreamweaver Outdoors template that I bought - it has been 5 years so I'm not sure).

One other thing to mention - it appears, it's not ALL the sites, it's only this one (as far as I can tell so far). This site does have a mod to allow editing of the product pages on the fly (done by Dean at ecomwebstore) - since one of the new features is the ability to edit pages - could this be a conflict?

Thanks,

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2019 :  08:43:17  
I added <script type="text/javascript" src="js/ectcart.js"></script> to the store pages and that seemed to fix it. I'm surprised I didn't see any other issues since that line has not been there all this time.

Do you know of any conflicts with using the mod I mentioned (the Edit button) with the new edit feature of the software?

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2019 :  10:18:28  
Hi Kelly,
quote:
I'm surprised I didn't see any other issues since that line has not been there all this time.

It really depends what version you have updated from, in earlier versions of the software the file js/ectcart.js didn't exist.

Sorry, I can't really comment on the mod because I'm not familiar with it

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000