ASP (Windows server) versions
 Order Image Uploader
Author « Topic »  

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  09:36:18  
I'm interested in the new feature, Order Image Uploader. I have followed Vince's instructions on the v7.1.5 Released for ASP / PHP post at https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=112093, but I would like to know more:

How does a customer get instructions on how to upload an image?
Does the order have to be completed before upload option appears?
Do I need to have ASPUpload enabled on our server to use this feature?

Any information to get this working would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kelley

Ecommerce PlusASP v7.1.6

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7621 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  11:07:36  
Hi Kelly,

How does a customer get instructions on how to upload an image? - it's a huge pop-up, you can't miss it
Does the order have to be completed before upload option appears?- yes
Do I need to have ASPUpload enabled on our server to use this feature?- I'm not too sure about that but why not just enable it on one product and try it?

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  11:20:07  
Is there a demo for this feature?

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  12:20:47  
So, after testing this, the Image Upload feature does not display in a pop-up window, rather it shows at the top of the receipt on the thanks.asp page:

Image Upload
One or more of the items in your cart requires or allows for an associated image upload.
[Choose file] button
Comments (optional): [text box] (which oddly pre-filled with my ECT CP username login)
I then selected an image to upload and a file upload bar in blue shows me it is completed and displays the file name of my upload with a fat checkmark image next to it and a [Done Uploading] button. I hit that button and the whole thing goes away.
In the Admin Orders, their is an Image Upload display box with the filename and comments and two buttons to Preview or Download. Both worked perfectly.

Where can I add some CSS to this to style it to match my site? I would also like to change the text associated with it to be more specific to the products that are assigned to use it.

UPDATE: If the customer isn't prepared to upload an image at the end of their transaction they can access it in the order by logging into their Client Account.

Thanks,
Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 10/17/2019 12:25:36

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  12:21:59  
I haven't set a demo up yet but you do not need ASP Upload, but you do need the object...
Scripting.FileSystemObject
This is a standard object on windows servers, but it is possible your host has disabled it. I think Phil's idea of setting up a test product is a good one.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  12:27:19  
Thanks, Vince. Seems I was doing just that while you posted. It all works great!

I just want to tweak it a bit to have it match my site and change the language for my purpose.

Thanks,
Kelley

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  12:33:34  
I'm curious about this as well..

quote:
UPDATE: If the customer isn't prepared to upload an image at the end of their transaction they can access it in the order by logging into their Client Account.

For years we have used Servelinks client upload mod and it does have a button in the order details to trigger an email to ask the customer for the upload when it's not been provided.
Customers get an email with a link that had credentials to allow them to upload.

Edited by - dbdave on 10/17/2019 13:00:29

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  12:45:22  
Hi Dave,

It even works for products to be assigned the Image Upload feature that were not assigned to it after the order was placed.

Example: I took an order from back in 2016 and assigned the Image Upload to one of the products. Logged into the customer account and clicked on the order with that product, and the Image Upload parameter was displayed.

I see this working for us in a variety of ways. We have some products that are custom made which periodically require images to be submitted from customers. Also, sometimes customers request to return an item, claiming there is a defect. We require that they send an image of the defective product. The new feature will work for both of these scenarios, but we'll have to be assigning and unassigning products, as needed.

UPDATE: I just reread your post and realized that you meant to put "does" not "dies". So Peter has an ASP mod that does that now? We could use that!

Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 10/17/2019 12:54:42

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  13:02:42  
Hi Kelley, I edited my typo - lol.

Servelink has had a client upload mod for many years.
I'm not sure if they still advertise it.
I have made changes to mine over the years to suit my needs.

If this new feature works (about) the same though, that would be one less mod I need to install when updating.

Although not all of my customers have client accounts, so I will need to look at that.

Thanks,
David

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2019 :  13:08:34  
I just had one of my employees ask me if the Image Upload feature could be assigned to an order instead of a product! That would be a great tool for us!

Yes, a customer would have to have an account, but an order can be linked to an account after it has been created through the CP.

We also found out that even if you go back and unassign the feature, the order retains the upload feature through the customer account.

Kelley

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2019 :  03:16:41  
quote:
I just had one of my employees ask me if the Image Upload feature could be assigned to an order instead of a product!
Maybe I'm not understanding but wouldn't that be just like setting all products to allow an image upload?

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2019 :  08:12:25  
Well, we wouldn't want everyone to be able to upload an image. So, we'd rather use it after the order has been placed, where a customer could go back into their account and do an upload.

We have some orders that require customers to send us images. For example, they order a custom made hat and would like to have the hat shaped like one that they already own. We have them send pictures of their hat and then we shape it to match. Also, we offer a military discount and have the customer send us a picture of their military ID card.

Kelley

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2019 :  10:58:58  
Ok, I think I get you. So it would work as a setting that you could add to an order after the order has been taken, and only for certain orders?

Vince

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2019 :  11:10:53  
I think a request upload button on the order would be nice... sending an email to the customer asking them to provide files for order #xxxxx

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2019 :  14:08:43  
Vince,

Yes! That's exactly what we need!

Kelley

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  13:53:13  
For some odd reason, the button to choose a file to upload is not working. You can tell there is a hyperlink from the mouse cursor, but it doesn't work. Drag & Drop doesn't work, either, it's just opening the file up in a browser window.

Help!

Thanks,
Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 02/27/2023 13:54:48

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2023 :  23:25:37  
Hi Kelley
Have you tried applying the latest updater maybe? And is this on all browsers or just one specific one? I assume this worked before no, so did something change when it stopped working?

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2023 :  03:13:45  
I am on the latest updater, Ecommerce Plus ASP v7.5.6., installed 02/21/23. It was working before, yes, but I'm not sure of the elapsed time since it was last used. I have tried Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Chrome and the customer that is unable to get it to work is using an iPhone.

Kelley

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2023 :  05:19:18  
Hey Vince,

Just wondering if you had a chance to look into this further?

Thanks,
Kelley

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2023 :  00:25:34  
Hi Kelley
I just tried with an iPhone on my test site and it all seemed to work ok. Do you know any of the details of what the problem the customer had was? Have you tried yourself with an iPhone?

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2023 :  12:08:20  
No, I have an Android. Did you try different browsers? Did it work for you in all the browsers? If so, that is super weird that it won't work on my site with them. Could it be an issue with my host?

Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 03/16/2023 12:09:56
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000