coastalem

63 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/18/2019 :  13:18:06  
Hi, I have the Felicity premium responsive template for .ASP and wondering:

left nav expanding menu Example:

FOR HER (the main cat)
» Handmade Jewelry (sub cat of main allows products)
» Pressed Flower Art (sub cat of main that allows cats)
» » Cards-Bookmarks-Pictures (sub cat of "pressed flowers" that allows products - calling is sub sub below)
» » Ornaments-Magnets and More (sub cat of "pressed flowers" that allows products - calling is sub sub below)

» What are these called? I am calling them raque here...

SO, here is my Q:

On that left nav bar characters and links/text are all the same color and size.

CAN I: (assume so since css? but in looking at the inspector I was confused so here I am "-)

Change the color and/or size for the sub cat that allow other categories (the single » )

Change the color and/or size for the sub sub that allows products under sub cats (the double » » )

Can I change the character and/or the color of the raque character.

Basically, I have a lot of main categories that have » sub categories that then have the » » sub sub product cats, and when you expand that main category, IMHO the items that expand under it as shown in the example seem very confusing to a viewer. I would like either/and/or to have one stand on its own visually either by the link color being different and/or the raque being a different color and/or size. Yeah I know, I probably made this sound confusing but hopefully the reader will understand what I mean:-)
I would be happy if I could simply change the raque color for each of the two different cats:
» one color
» » another color
if that is the only thing that can be done.

Thank you in advance for help, Em

Edited by - coastalem on 10/18/2019 13:20:15

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2019 :  14:01:23  
Hi to change the left nav sub items you would use something like this in the style sheet, the !important declaration will override the style sheet link color. Both the sub and sub-sub share the same class, check your site in the developer tools if needed change ectsub1 to ectsub2 (< when using multiple menus).

.ectsub1 a {
color: #ff0000 !important;
font-size: 72px !important;
}

The &ra quo share the same class as the link so its not possible to style it separately. You can however style individual link different than the rest see tip here https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=95106

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000