popup cart "continue Shopping" edit html link
Author « Topic »  

ardade
Advanced Member

257 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  09:03:51  
When you add items to the cart a popup box comes up showing your items and giving you a choice of "continue shopping" or "edit order". If you select "continue shopping" it bring you to the same page that you are on. I would like to edit the link to bring me to a different page when you select the "continue Shopping". Where can I change this? I inspected the element and this is what it showed me: "a class="ectlink scclink" href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('opaquediv').style.display='none';return false">Continue Shopping</a>"
I believe if I just change the href="#" to my web page it should work. I dont care if its a global csolution. The page I want them to go to is the All Products Page.

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  09:54:40  
Hi Ardade
The idea of that is just to close the pop-up soft cart and it's really not a good idea to edit it. If you do decide to, it is in the js/ectcart.js script that you need to search for the second occurrence of "opaquediv" to find that link. As well as adding your link instead of the "#" you would have to remove the "return false" so that the link href is used. You would need to make this edit every time you update.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

ardade
Advanced Member

257 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/25/2019 :  10:18:09  
Thanks that did it. I'm using options on my web site to add Items to the cart. I had customers use the continue shopping which would return them to the same options page and the previous quantity selections would still be there. If they added other Items it will also add the previous ones thus doubling their cart and frustrating them. I figure bringing them to a different page keeps this from happening becuase if they return the options are cleared.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000