Disable international shipping
Author « Topic »  

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2019 :  10:01:10  
Hi,

Is there anyway to disable international shipping but still have the ability to select countries from the billing address. Basically, I would like to give international customers the ability to order items but have them shipped to US addresses.

Thanks

Phil

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10242 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2019 :  11:03:28  
Hi, as a test on my dev site, I turned off International shipping in the admin > main settings and I was able to select international countries for a billing address.
Although for the shipping address, I could also select an international address.
Once I get to the shipping option, no options show if I have an international address selected.
So technically it does work.

If you are on a hosted site, I don't think you can do custom edits, but I think it may be possible to fix that (hide other countries other that US for shipping) if you are not on the hosted platform.

David

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2019 :  15:49:17  
Thanks for the reply. The main settings only lets me choose alternate shipping methods, not disable it. The way I was doing it was disabling all other countries in the shipping management tab.

Phil

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10242 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2019 :  16:46:55  
Hi, in the Admin> main settings, check

Would you like to show alternate shipping rates apart from your primary shipping carrier?
Use Alternate Shipping rates:

If you select one of those, you can select (or deselect) international shipping.
I suppose it depends on how you have your store setup.

David

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2019 :  02:13:15  
Hi All
If you go to the shipping methods admin page and disable all the international shipping methods it may help here as you would get the message, "There are no methods available for your shipping destination."

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2019 :  09:45:24  
Thanks. That does the trick.

Phil
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000