PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Mailchimp Integration Questions
Author « Topic »  

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2019 :  09:28:16  
Hi, I'm trying to set up Mailchimp integration. I have set up an api key and imported a mailing list into Mailchimp, but this only shows email addresses ..customer names and signup date are not imported - Is this correct? Also, Mailchimp has an option to 'Connect your site' by copying some code onto my website pages ..Do I need to do this or do I just use the api key?

Thanks,

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2019 :  14:48:05  
Hi Richard
I'm away from the office now so I'll have to check when I'm back about the fields that are imported unless anyone else knows. It's quite a while since I had to deal with MailChimp. But as to the code on the website pages, I would say no, you don't need to do that as the cart should handle sign-ups.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2019 :  16:11:49  
Hi,

I've been using Mailchimp with the API key integration for a couple of weeks now and I have some issues / queries. New subscribers on the website are not being synced with the Mailchimp list ..Selecting the 'sync new signups' option doesn't appear to work. Also, unsubscribers recorded on the Mailchimp list are not being unsubscribed from the website list. Also, although the API key is allowing me to upload the mailing list from my website and Mailchimp is showing that my website is 'connected', eCommerce tracking stats are not being recorded on Mailchimp. Can you advise how I can keep Mailchimp and the website synced with a single up-to-date list? And if the Mailchimp integration is supposed to allow ecommerce tracking.

Thanks,

Richard.

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  03:08:57  
Hi Richard
Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I don't think the ability to have the name was available when I did the Mailchimp integration but I've added it now and I'll get that into the updater soon. If you have the emails in the ECT database and update the Mailchimp list in the ECT admin then the name will be added to the list entry.
I checked the signup date and it seems to be passed ok and will error if I try to send in any incorrect format, but it doesn't seem to display in the Mailchimp admin which just seems to show the date added to the list. I'm not sure why that is but it seems to be on the Mailchimp side.
I tried adding new signups from my test site and they seem to be added ok. Is it possible they haven't been confirmed? Unless you click in the confirmation email that is sent they won't be added.
Ecommerce tracking stats are not integrated with Mailchimp I'm afraid. That's one for the future.

Vince

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  04:01:57  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for answering my queries. For some reason I have noconfirmemail set so presumably that is why I'm not able to sync new subscribers. I can change the setting so future subscribers are confirmed, but can you let me know if there is any simple way to set all of the existing subscribers on my mailing list to confirmed. Also, will this change allow unsubscribers recorded in Mailchimp to be removed from the website mailing list?

Richard.

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  13:14:46  
Hi Vince,

I have now set up confirmation for email signups i.e. noconfirmationemail=false, and I have done some testing. If I signup using the minisignup minicss form from my website homepage I receive a confirmation email directly from Mailchimp and the email is added directly to the Mailchimp mailing list, but not the website mailing list. However, if I process an order and signup via the website checkout page I receive a confirmation email from the website and the email is added to the website mailing list, but not the Mailchimp mailing list. I have tried syncing new signups between the two lists and it doesn't seem to work either way. I already have a discrepancy of over 200 subscribers between the website and Mailchimp lists which is made up of new subscribers and unsubscribers and with no way to sync the lists this will only get bigger.

Richard.

EDIT - Sorry, I think I confused myself and gave incorrect information above. After further testing it appears that both homepage and checkout signup forms just add details to the website mailing list and not to Mailchimp. I still can't seem to sync the website and Mailchimp lists.

Edited by - RJB on 11/26/2019 13:49:31

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  14:21:05  
Hi Richard
I'll look into this more tomorrow but I think on the plus side, you have the emails in the ECT database so can sync these with Mailchimp later when we get this sorted.

Vince

EllenD
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
419 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  10:35:51  
Hi, I'm interested in this as just about to do a Mailchimp integration for the first time... posting to follow the topic. thanks

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  10:59:04  
Hi Richard
Thinking about it, if you go to the mailing list admin page and click on the mailchimp integration button, do you have a red box round one of the lists? Is that round your mailchimp list or round the Ecommerce Plus Database? If it is round the ECT Database you may want to select "Add new signups to this list" from the dropdown menu.
It is better really to have Mailchimp handle the list as that way they handle the unsubscribes.

Vince

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2019 :  16:48:28  
Hi Vince,

I hadn't realised the significance of the red box! I assumed that selecting 'Add new signups to list..' and hitting 'Go' would immediately add the missing new signups to that list, but I now understand that it's just selecting whether future signups are added to the website or Mailchimp list. I had hoped to be able to keep the website list synchronised with the Mailchimp list as this would allow me more flexibility with my Mailchimp subscription in future, but now I understand how it's working I can manage this.

Thanks for your help,

Richard.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000