Author « Topic »  

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  09:07:52  
Hi, we recently changed our PayPal configuration from "Sale" to "Authorization" so that we can check orders before capturing funds, thereby eliminating the ~3% commission that PayPal now charges for refunded orders.

Today an order from yesterday - that we already captured (though Inform PayPal), shipped, and changed to Completed - unexpectedly changed back to "New Order" with the blue Pending Capture badge reappearing on the Admin Orders page.

Fortunately the tracking number we entered is still there on the order page.

PayPal still shows the order as Completed and funds received.

- Am I right that this is likely caused by another PayPal system bug?

- Without clicking Inform PayPal again (which seems likely to cause unexpected problems), can anyone suggest a way to clear the Pending Capture badge?

Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Paul D.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  09:23:34  
When you click capture, the store sends off a message to p/p asking to capture, even though you see a sucess message, some communications back from p/p maybe not have been completed.
Sometimes this part is slow and if you had moved the order to another status, when that callback does occur, the order will move to new status.
This does not happen often fortunately.
When the call back occurs the transaction ID field will populate, that's one way to be sure the callback has completed.

Yesterday I noticed a slow IPN coming from paypal, so what happened to you may be what I saw myself as well.

David

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  10:55:38  
Thanks for this, Dave.

Am I right that when this happens you just leave the blue Pending Capture badge there and don't click Inform PayPal again, correct?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  12:58:09  
Right, that lingering "pending capture" button on the orders list means the callback has not been received (assuming you have clicked capture on the order details).

On rare occasion, we manually clear that button when it does not clear on it's own.

David

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  14:10:36  
Er, It didn't dawn on me that you can clear the blue "Pending Capture" badge on the Order Admin page just by clicking it.

When you click the blue badge, a window appears that says,

"WARNING!! This will not make any changes at your payment processor! Remove pending status of the order? [OK] [Cancel]

This seems like exactly what we needed, since PayPal confirms that we already captured the funds.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2019 :  15:22:01  
That's right Paul. Although that button should clear on it's own (after capture) and only on rare occasion should you see an issue when the callback is slow or never comes.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000