GRN
Advanced Member

158 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/23/2019 :  13:12:22  
Hi there,

WP 5.3, ECT 7.1.6

Is it possible to disable, hide, and/or make not required the mailing address (i.e., Address, City, State, Zipcode) when checking out? I can hide these with CSS, but the cart is still checking for field entry?

Thanks.

Glenn

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2019 :  13:34:28  
Hi Glenn
It's not really possible I'm afraid to remove those details. But can I ask why you would want to?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

GRN
Advanced Member

158 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/23/2019 :  13:48:49  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the info. The client only offers in-store pick up, online payment is not authorized with the franchise agreement thus payment is done in-store at pick up or via the phone, so they really only need name, email, and phone.

Glenn

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10281 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2019 :  17:43:38  
I had an idea. You could pre populate that field with something like In store Pickup for the address line when the page loads.
That can be done with javascript so it doesn't get overwritten when you update the store.
As a matter of fact, you could probably populate the stores city, state, and zip fields as well.
Maybe take it one step further and disable those fields so the customer cannot change them https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/prop_text_disabled.asp

If you think that's something that may work for you, and you need help with the javascript, let me know.

David

GRN
Advanced Member

158 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/24/2019 :  12:56:18  
Hi David,

That's interesting, will check it out and see if it is something I can use or do.

Thanks again!

Glenn
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000