Author « Topic »  

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  08:52:29  
Hi, please let us know any suggestions to hide an unwanted, redundant "Check out with PayPal" graphic button that now appears on the first checkout page of our cart, as described below.

===========

Today we changed our "PayPal Direct Payments" and "PayPal Payments Standard" screens from "Sale" to "Authorization". This allows us to check each order before capturing funds, with the goal to reduce the number of refunds that PayPal now charges up to ~3% in transaction fees starting in 10/2019.

When we changed those two enabled PayPal providers to "Authorization", a new provider "PayPal Express Payments" unexpectedly appeared on our payment provider screen.

We tried deleting that new provider, but found that when we click Inform PayPal on an order page we get the error "username/pw not set for express checkout".

So we restored that third unexpected provider "PayPal Express Payments", and now the Inform PayPal process seems to work normally.

However, now an undesired, redundant yellow "Check out with PayPal" graphic appears alongside our primary Checkout button on the first cart page; the original, desired PayPal Standard radio button (for checking out with PayPal instead of entering a payment card) still appears on the second cart page where we want it.

Please suggest our best way to hide or suppress that unwanted redundant "Check out with PayPal" button on our first cart screen.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/FvNUrnJ.jpg[/img]

Experimenting with the CSS in Firefox, it looks like the following hides that unwanted PayPal button, but it's not known what additional issues this could cause - now or after a cart update:

.checkoutopts.coopt19 {
visibility: hidden;
}

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

- Paul D.

Edited by - pauld on 11/22/2019 10:13:47

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7625 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  10:13:57  
Just disable paypal express in your admin payment provider page

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  10:21:11  
Phil, thanks for this.

When we disabled the new payment provider 'PayPal Express Payments' that unexpectedly appeared, we got the following error when we clicked Inform PayPal:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/h7mG213.jpg[/img]

Therefore we restored that new, third payment provider 'PayPal Express Payments' and were then able to Inform PayPal and complete the funds capture.

Edited to add: here's how our payment provider admin screen is currently configured.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TeHhNrs.jpg[/img]

Thanks in advance for suggesting any other workaround we can try.

Edited by - pauld on 11/22/2019 10:27:23

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  10:34:44  
Hi Paypal Express is a required service when using Paypal Direct Payment it is part of the terms a conditions and is required to be on the first stage of checkout. I get that you don't want it but without breaking the terms of service just set express to authorize only it will have the same affect. I have had a client get audited by Paypal to make sure he was in compliance he got busted and had to re-enable by removing the login level so keep in mind they do occasionally spot check.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  10:38:33  
Sinbad, thanks for this.

We've had the cart configured the same way for many years, no problems yet.

We're currently experimenting in our sandbox, adding the following lines to our ectcart-custom.css file that overrides the default cart CSS:

.checkoutopts.coopt19 {
visibility: hidden;
}

This seems to work... but do you see any potential pitfalls with using this to hide that extra PayPal button on the first cart screen?

Edited by - pauld on 11/22/2019 10:41:48

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  10:45:39  
Hi Paul, that sounds like a trap question all I can say publicly is the worst they will do is ask that you put it back.

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  10:50:33  
Er, I meant from a technical standpoint... do you see any way that this additional CSS could break something?

As far as PayPal terms go, I'd be shocked if they saw a problem with our standard setup.

We can always get a different payment processor should they really force that issue.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2019 :  11:02:00  
There doesn't seem to be any conflict with using that css.

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000