Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  09:37:37  
I've had this problem before (see ID# 111630) - but it was only fixed by my hosting company "downgrading" my PHP version to 5.5.
The site is https://curtisknight.com/ -- when I try to login, it briefly shows "Login Correct" - but then it reverts right back to the login screen again.

The last time this happened (for a short time) I was able to login using Chrome - that does not work now. This time I tried Edge and that does let me log in - however the editor for the product descriptions does not work correctly in Edge, it shows the Description and Long Description, but there are no icons when clicking in the description boxes and no way to do anything but add plain text; obviously that is not going to to work long term.

This is a different site then when it occurred before(same hosting company, but different server). The site has been on this server for about 2 years with very little change. I don't think it's any caching issue, because I just upgraded to a completely new computer and this is the first time I've tried to login.

I've done a search on here and see that this has happened a few other times, but I don't see any actual solution for it?

Any help will be appreciated.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10292 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  10:42:05  
quote:
when I try to login, it briefly shows "Login Correct" - but then it reverts right back to the login screen again

This is almost always the session variables on the server not working and I would suggest the first order of business would be to ask your host to check that.

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  10:47:56  
Can you be more specific? What should the "session variables" be set at?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10292 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  12:10:18  
Hi, it's a function of the server to allow the website to remember you...

https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_sessions.asp

The host should know what you are referring to.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000