WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 CSS problem on cart page
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2020 :  13:07:22  
When I go to the cart page all of the fields to enter information are pushed way over to the right. I think it has something to do with the "Amazon Pay" button. I'm not sure how this happened. Can someone take a look and let me know what to change?

Also - second issue - I suddenly have an error showing on all of the products:

"Warning: Use of undefined constant related - assumed 'related' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/proddetail.php on line 18"

I just upgraded to Version 7.1.8

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  01:02:41  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  08:10:28  
curtisknight.com

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  08:18:30  
Hi,
In your style.css from line 1666 remove all the references to the input types

Keep a backup in case there's a knock on effect.

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  08:23:50  
I fixed some of the css by removing the "flex" element. I'm sure this is not the 100% correct way to fix this - but I need to make it so the cart page at least worked overnight while waiting for an answer.

All of the products are still showing the error.

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  08:39:41  
I'm confused - line 1666 is: padding:5px;

Site is: curtisknight.com

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  10:11:07  
Hi Kelly,

From what I can see line 1666 in your style.css file starts with:

input[type= text

and I'm still seeing the problem that you're describing on your cart page at the moment.

*Contact Us*

Edited by - Phil on 02/19/2020 10:13:22

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  10:22:27  
Sorry - I was looking at the ectcart.css. Here is what I see in my css file - this starts of line 1657:

input[type="text"], input[type="password"], input[type="email"], input[type="url"], input[type="color"], input[type="date"], input[type="datetime"], input[type="datetime-local"], input[type="month"], input[type="number"], input[type="range"], input[type="tel"], input[type="time"], input[type="week"], textarea
{
background: #F6FDFE;
-webkit-border-radius:4px;
-moz-border-radius:4px;
border-radius:4px;
border:1px solid #BFBFBF;
margin:0 auto;
}
input[type="text"], input[type="password"], input[type="email"], input[type="url"], input[type="color"], input[type="date"], input[type="datetime"], input[type="datetime-local"], input[type="month"], input[type="number"], input[type="range"], input[type="tel"], input[type="time"], input[type="week"], textarea
{
width: 100%;
padding: 4px 0;
color: #138A90 !important;
font-size: 13px;
font-family: Arial, 'Arial Unicode MS', Helvetica, Sans-Serif;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
text-shadow: none;
}

What should be changed or removed?

Also - this is very odd. When I go to the cart page to checkout, at first I see the same problem, but then if I refresh the page, it goes away. If I use Inspect Element - I see this from ectcart.css:

div.billformrow, div.shipformrow, div.nohidebillrow, div.checkoutadds2col, div.billformrowflags, div.copayradio1 {
display: flex;
justify-content: flex-start;
align-items: center;
}

However, I went into my ectcart.css and removed the first two elements. Here is what is in my ectcart.css:

div.billformrow,div.shipformrow,div.nohidebillrow,div.checkoutadds2col,div.billformrowflags,div.copayradio1{
align-items:center;
}

I'm very confused!
}

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  10:40:34  
Hi Kelly,
It's best not to make any edits to the ectcart.css at all so upload the ectcart.css file that came with the updater of the version you're on.
Then (keep a back up) and remove all the input styles from the style.css file, that will be the css you have posted above.

*Contact Us*

Edited by - Phil on 02/19/2020 10:41:25

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  10:58:49  
Hi there
I think if you were having a problem with the Amazon button you should look in this CSS file...
https://curtisknight.com/new2017ECTstyles.css
...and around line 977 remove...
float:left;
width:100%;
...for the div.amazonpaybutton

Really I think you should add the flex stuff back as I think that is what is knocking all the payment provider radios out.

This is on a completely separate note but in...
https://curtisknight.com/new2017ECTstyles.css
...around line 543 you set the width to 558px for a 1279px screen and around line 694 you set the width to 392px for a 768px screen. Maybe this is intentional but wouldn't it be better to remove those and just let the screen expand and contract normally?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  11:23:25  
So...what should the I change the div.amazonpaybutton to? It should not be 100%?

That has been like that for quite a long time. When I updated the store, it obviously changed the ectcart.css file and that is what is causing the problem on that page.

What should be changed in each of the css files to make that page function correctly. I removed the flex stuff so that the page would function - when I add that back in, customers cannot checkout at all. As I said, I assumed that wasn't the permanent fix - but my client needs his store to function.

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  11:29:56  
I found this answer from another person from last month: https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=112274&SearchTerms=div.amazonpaybutton

I did what was suggested and then also went back to the ectcart.css and added back in the flex info.

Now take a look and see - it is not impossible to enter the customer info (an improvement) - but it is still not correct.

Any help?

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  11:40:14  
I think I have the layout fixed - I had changed a couple other things to compensate for the mess it was at first. I used the solution from the link I posted and then went back in and changed back everything to the way it was before. I think it's working now!

The other issue is still a problem - on all product pages there is this error near the top:

Warning: Use of undefined constant related - assumed 'related' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/proddetail.php on line 18

Can someone address this for me?

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2020 :  12:21:51  
quote:
So...what should the I change the div.amazonpaybutton to? It should not be 100%?
If you don't specify a width then the width is set to "auto" by default which will be the full width of the container. The width was only set because the float was set. I'm glad you've got it sorted out now though.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2020 :  09:16:43  
Could someone address the other issue - the error message showing up on all of the products?
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000