WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Facebook button not showing sometimes
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  13:09:12  
My client has had a problem for a while now with the Facebook buttons on the product pages (within the social media section) not showing up on his home computer. I have not been able to recreate it on my computer - we are both using Firefox for our browser, but I have tested it in Chrome and Edge as well and I still can recreate it.

They had an IT person build them a new computer (they were have other issues as well) and the problem is still there. Here is the message I just got from the IT person (below). I'm confused about the issue because I thought that the new ECT version made some changes to the sizing of the social media buttons and that I cannot set specific dimensions - am I wrong about that?

Here is the email:

I finally figured out the FB Like button issue that Mike is having on his home PC. I replaced his hard drive and it cleared up a lot of his issues.
Anyway, the FB like button on their site is still not working on his home PC. I researched the problem and it seems to be a coding error on the site.
It might either be a Jscript or CSS error. Firefox will not render the FB button on some computers and others it does. The FB button needs to be told
it’s specific dimensions to work consistently in Firefox.

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  01:23:34  
Hi JustDucky
I hate to say it, but their IT person seems to be stabbing in the dark and the facebook button size is set by specifying a "small" or "large" size. You can set a parameter in the includes.php
$GLOBALS['smallsocialbuttons']=TRUE;
...if you prefer to use the small buttons but in both cases the button is rendered by Facebook code. If you want us to take a look then can you post the link here.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7617 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  02:37:54  
Hi,
Most likely your client manually enabled Firefox’s “Tracking Protection”, which blocks major social buttons.

I would check your privacy and security options in Firefox

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  06:46:39  
quote:
Most likely your client manually enabled Firefox’s “Tracking Protection”, which blocks major social buttons

I use this feature and Firefox latest versions are very aggressive with tracking protections and make it very easy to turn this on.
Some folks who have turned this on will not realize what's causing some things not to display on some websites.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000