Search our site
Author « Topic »  

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2020 :  06:08:02  
Hi Vince,
I've just had a client report that when he manually creates a new order from the admin the dependant options aren't functioning. Basically he's saying he can't create the order because the dependant option doesn't appear.

Have they ever functioned when manually creating orders?

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10279 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2020 :  06:46:00  
Hi Phil, no they do not work on the back end... It would be great if they did, but what we do if needing to enter an order for a customer, we go to the front end of the website.

Thanks,
David

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2020 :  06:49:58  
Thanks for confirming that Dave
quote:
we go to the front end of the website.

That's what they're having to do

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2024 :  15:16:06  
Good afternoon... Having a little problem getting alternate weights working on dependent options. The cart shows the slternate prices but not the alternate weights. Both price and weight values are entered on the dependent option screen.

Am I missing something to make the weights work? and yes, the cart is set to weight based shipping.

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2024 :  03:07:20  
Hi Tim
I just tried a test here and it seemed to work ok. But could you let me know a bit more about your setup? For instance, are you actually using the ALT ID system with these options?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2024 :  08:16:21  
We are using php version 7.6.4 and are not currently using alt id's, just the dependent options.
We are also trying to figure out how to pass thru the quantity to UPS negotiated rates.... for example its a sign company that wants his signs rates as 1 sided (with specific rates like 5@$10.00, 10@$8.23, 20@6.40), and then a whole different set of rates for 2 sided. And this is how I have the dependent options set up. The problem with that is it adds a quantity of 1 unit of 5 items, and so on... unless you click up the quantity button before hitting the add to cart (but then the pricing from the dependent option gets multiplied)... oops, and but nobody knows to do that anyway.

I know there has to be an easier way... just need some guidance.

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2024 :  02:43:42  
Hi Tim
Ok, so to get this right if you have a product say of weight 1 unit and an option which has a dependent option and that dependent option has a weight difference of 5 units, you aren't seeing a total weight of 6 units in the admin orders page? Is that it?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2024 :  05:10:08  
Actually the product weight is set to zero on the product admin page and the total weight is entered on the difference fields on the dependent option. No weights are passing through to the cart at all. Does there need to be weight entered on the products page?

Tim Gorski

Edited by - tgorski on 04/20/2024 05:12:15
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000