Dene
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  09:23:20  
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to fix the below problem? It only shows on the products page.

Share this Product with your friends

Deprecated: mysql_real_escape_string(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 58

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 58

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 58

Deprecated: mysql_query(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 59

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 59

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 59
Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 60

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 63

Deprecated: mysql_query(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 66

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 66

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 66
Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 70

Also if you go to http://www.ritegear.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=penn-affinity-7000 you will see the coding and the symbol instead of a £ sign. How can i change this. Any help is much appreciated.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2020 :  09:50:25  
Hi Dene
It looks like your host may have changed the version of PHP on the server and you need to follow these instructions if that is the case...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107737

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Dene
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  04:06:45  
Hi Vince,

Thank you for getting back to me. I checked the coding and it's how it should be after following the link you sent me. It is still showing the same.
I'm sure it's probably something i have missed but from what i can see the codes are right. Would you mind helping me further?

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  05:53:41  
Hi Dene
My apologies but I didn't realise this is happening in the social.php file and is that a custom page you have? That may well need to be updated for PHP 7+ so are you able to get in touch with whoever provided you with the scripts to update them?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Dene
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  09:14:35  
Sorry i don't think i was very clear.
So basically on the products section there is a share button for social media. Straight after that shows the code above. Not a separate php file just on the products area. Also doesn't show anywhere else :)

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  09:22:54  
Hi,
This error and all the other errors listed - Deprecated: mysql_real_escape_string(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/ritegearco/public_html/social.php on line 58

Is due to the file social.php attempting to connect using mysql, not mysqli

The file social.php is not part of the software but a mod or add on which will have been purchased from a third party developer, so you really need to speak to the supplier of that mod or add on

If you look in your proddetail.php file in code view and search for a line like <?php include "social.php"; ?> and remove it the error should go away

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Edited by - Phil on 08/22/2020 09:25:56

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2020 :  09:57:35  
Hi, in addition to Phil's detailed reply, I wanted to add that the ect software has social medial share buttons as a built in feature and perhaps you had this custom feature added before that was available.

Help setting that up (once and if you decide to remove the old stuff) can be found here - https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/social-media.asp

Thanks,
David

Dene
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/24/2020 :  03:24:05  
Thank you both. I have removed the error and looking at the link sent.

Do you know why my £ signs come up like this #65533;

Kind regards

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2020 :  05:32:14  
quote:
Do you know why my £ signs come up like this #65533;

Can you login to your admin and go to shipping > countries > United Kingdom > modify

and for the html symbol add the following without the spaces & p o u n d ;
and add £ for the text symbol

That should do it.

Also you really should change the following line on all your pages

from
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
to
<meta charset="UTF-8">

and add this to your vsadmin/includes.php file
$adminencoding="UTF-8";

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000