PHP Mods
 Problem with WP theme - willing to pay for help
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  11:03:01  
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I'm getting a little desperate. It's not specifically ECT related (although it is happening on my ECT sites as well as non-ECT sites) - I'm looking for someone with knowledge of this type of issue and willing to pay someone to help me fix it. Since everyone I've worked with on this site has always been so helpful and knowledgeable - I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's the issue:

- I have about 68 WordPress site (about 5 currently using ECT)
- Over this past weekend I upgraded them all to WP 5.5
- At first glance everything seemed to look fine
- I also use a plug in called SiteOrigin Page Builder (great plugin by the way, have been using it for years)
- I discovered yesterday that although the plugin was still there - when I open any page to edit or add, the page builder was gone.
- I tried deactivating all non SiteOrigin plugins - that did not fix anything.
- I tried activating the basic 2020 WP theme instead of my custom theme - that worked.
- All of these sites have been created uwith custom themes using a program called Artisteer.
- It seems the theme is what's causing the problem.
- Through a bunch of Google searching I found a plug in called "Enable jQuery Migrate Helper"
- As soon as I installed that plugin and activated it - the problem was fixed.
- That plugin is just a work around and it shows you what is causing the issue.
- The warning that is showing on all of WP editor pages is: jQuery.fn.live() is deprecated
- Through some more Google searching it seems that the new version should be "jQuery.on" -- or something like that.
- I've searched through all of the WP files in the theme and I can't find any instance of ".live" anywhere.

Here's what I'm looking for:

- Someone who understands what I've explained (I'm sure I'm missing some things).
- Someone who knows how, or even has some ideas on how to fix this issue.
- Someone who is willing to help me out of this mess.

As I said, I have 68 of these sites - I can't just remove their custom themes, and to rebuild 68 themes is giving me a migraine just thinking about it!

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1690 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  08:29:25  
See if your plugins are on this list. The article is worth a read.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/wordpress-5-5-1-maintenance-release/379486/?utm_source=sej-feed#close

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  09:14:21  
It was my SiteOrigin that was one of the things affected, but it is the theme itself that has the problem with the jQuery.fn.live().

I have a test site where I disabled ALL plugins and kept the custom theme - I get the error message about the jQuery. I enable ALL the plugins, but switch to a basic WP theme and the error goes away.

As I explained in my initial question - I used Artisteer to create all of these custom themes. Artisteer is no longer in business, so I can't get any help from them. It's quite obvious that the themes created within Artisteer all have this JQuery problem.

I don't want to have to redesign everyone of my sites with a different theme creator to get rid of this problem. I'm looking for someone who can get into the core theme files, find the jQuery problem areas and come up with a fix for me.

dewers
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1302 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/03/2020 :  09:57:45  
Set me up an wp admin account on one of the sites and I can take a look at it. use admin AT draye-sol.com for the email address.

Daniel Ewers
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000