Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  07:36:28  
I'm trying to clean up the css on my site, and I can't find where to edit the layout of the search.php page. My problem is that the search page has a window with a scroll bar at the right and bottom making you scroll down and right about a half inch to see the "Search" button. I would like to format the page so everything fits in the window without a need for these scroll bars. I've searched through everything I can think of on ECT and can't find where to edit this page. When I originally set up my site years ago there was a line in the includes.php:

$GLOBALS['usesearchbodyformat']=3;

I can't find any reference to this being currently used or what the different format layouts are, so don't know if it is obsolete with the new css layout and should I remove it?

Here's a link to my search page... https://www.decorativepaintingstore.com/search.php

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  06:03:09  
Any suggestions for my problem yet?

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  06:16:23  
Hi Sharonchinn
I'm sorry this was missed but if you could add this in the wordpress custom css area it should sort it out...

div.searchform {
overflow: visible;
}

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  06:38:32  
Thanks Vince. Not sure I'm doing this right since it doesn't seem to be working.

I went into my Wordpress Admin - Theme - Customize - Additional CSS and pasted the snippet you posted.

I've forced my page to refresh, but it's not doing anything different. Am I adding it to the wrong place.

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  07:35:23  
I see it in the page source so you did put it in the right place. But it seems that because of the order of the CSS files the rule is not being used. So can you change it to...

div.searchform {
overflow: visible !important;
}

That !important will make it apply even though later rules define the same class.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  07:44:12  
Thanks, that seems to have worked. The Search button jumps around a bit, but still more workable than before.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000