Author « Topic »  

phenixbaits
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  11:14:48  
So like most of you who run your own website store I'm sure you get constant emails about people wanting to 'Improve Your SEO'.
Would somebody here please help me to understand the ECT Options for Search Words, Page Title Tag and Meta Description.
I mostly sell Bass Fishing Lures such as Jigs and Spinnerbaits. www.PhenixBaits.com for reference
So let's say I'm selling a Phenix Baits ProLine Stand-up Casting Jig in Angler's Gill.

Would these be good choices for this product
[blue]https://phenixbaits.com/proddetail.php?prod=SU_CJ%28Anglers_Gill%29 [/blue]

Search Words: Phenix Baits ProLine Stand-up Casting Jigs for Bass Fishing Angler's Gill
Page title Tag: Phenix Baits ProLine Stand-up Casting Jigs for Bass Fishing
Meta Description: Phenix Baits ProLine Stand-up Casting Jigs for Bass Fishing Largemouth Bass Smallmouth Bass Fishing Fishing Lures Bass Jig

My problem is it seems more like phrases without a comma or without a Social Media # symbol like #BassFishing #LargemouthBass #BassJig #Fishing #CastingJig #PhenixBaits

Thanks in advance. I just feel if I can get one done correctly I could be on my way with this whole SEO thing.

[red]Suggestoins and examples are much appreciated.[/red]

[orange]PS. And while I'm at it. Isn't there a way in ECT to change the www address to something more like https://phenixbaits.com/ProLineStand-upCastingJig/AnglersGill ?[/orange]

Robert Schneider - Owner
www.PhenixBaits.com

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  12:11:32  
Hi Robert, have you been through this page?
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/search-engine-friendly.asp

Your meta description there reads like keywords, and based on what I know about seo, that should more human reader friendly.
The search words in the admin are really for your own search form on the website. Unless you display them on the page, the search engines never see them.

Thanks,
David

phenixbaits
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  12:49:26  
Yes, I've read the links on SEO stuff. BUT, I'm not one to get in there a mess with any of the codes. I would like to change the categories from Number to Descriptions as in my example but I'd need someone to do the coding for me. I'm fine with filling in the blanks and using the program but I'm scared to death of the coding. lol

Robert Schneider - Owner
www.PhenixBaits.com

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  13:40:45  
Hi Robert, changing that category to use the category name in the url is pretty easy.

To add this feature you will need the following in vsadmin/includes.php

$usecategoryname=TRUE;

Do you know how to open and make changes to that file?

David

phenixbaits
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  16:01:50  
No I do not know how to get into that. I actually avoid it.

Robert Schneider - Owner
www.PhenixBaits.com

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7617 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2020 :  02:17:33  
quote:
No I do not know how to get into that. I actually avoid it.

Hi Robert,
If you're not comfortable making changes to the vsadmin/includes.php file it may be better if you hire one of the develpoers listed here - https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/developers.asp

I would say just a couple of hours work is all it would take to add most of the available ECT SEO features listed, and once it's all done there would be no further requirement to change anything apart from add your meta descriptions and optional page titles from the admin

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000