Authorize.net AIM and SIM end of life
Author « Topic »  

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  17:40:47  
I had 4 of my ECT sites all go down yesterday about 3:00PM pacific time and no longer connect to the Authorize.net AIM Gateway. I tried to reconnect via the SIM integration - No Luck - Spent 3 hours on hold trying to get thru to Authorize.net today - No luck, they never answered. Went thru some threads and apparently they are no longer connecting via AIM or SIM (End of Life) so not sure how to fix this. If anyone knows what is going on please respond to this thread. 3 out of 4 of these ECT accounts also take Paypal so at east they are not out of business, however this came so sudden and without warning that there does not seem to be a easy solution. Any Help to integrate ECT to Authorize.net under their new integration method (no idea what that is yet) would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  18:06:11  
I just got an email with this link from another ECT user that said Authorize.net just gave this link and said we need to comply to this

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#accept-suite

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  23:00:12  
Just found this recommended upgrade guide for AIM and SIM users https://developer.authorize.net/api/upgrade_guide.html

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  01:44:52  
Hi Greg
If you update the carts to one of the latest supported versions as here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/updaters.asp
...then AIM will automatically update to the new, supported Authorize.net API
For SIM, click on "Modify" for this in the admin payment providers page for SIM and you should see a menu where you can select "Use Accept Hosted Integration Method". To use that however you will have to get a Signature Key from your Auth.net control panel.
There are more details here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/authorizenet.asp

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  09:53:27  
Ok Thanks Vince

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/05/2020 :  16:50:33  
Ok, I am in real trouble here to find a working solution. I have been working on this for a week and still have no solution. To recap I have 3 different Ecommercetemplates installations that have been running the AIM integration for years and then suddenly last Thursday all 3 started reporting the same error when customers tried to check out "Error, couldn't connect to https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api (-2147012894).
The operation timed out" Endless hours on hold with Authorize.net did not result in being able to actually speak with a live person, so I went the chat route. Pretty worthless other then I did manage to get an answer that they still support AIM integration. They ran several internal tests on all my customers and said all is fine. No help there. So I went ahead and reset 1 of my customers to the SIM Use Accept Hosted Integration Method". Following the ECT instructions. This resulted in another failure (and yes I did upgrade to the latest release - did get new transaction Key and Sig Key retracked my steps 3 times). The result is that when ECT goes to run the transaction it seems to run but comes back to the same screen with a blank -. No error no way to debug, nothing. OK that did not work so I tried the SIM Integration Method (Depricated) and the Authorize.net input form Screen pops up but it does not process the transaction. Yikes. Looks terrible anyways so I would like to get AIM actually working again or anything working so I can get this behind me. Getting desperate...I guess the big question is "Has ECT stopped supporting the AIM integration to Authorize.net? Authorize.net Says nothing changed on their side, but it must have as my 3 different sites are running 3 different ECT version levels with the one I am testing with running the current version. Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  00:51:36  
Hi Greg
You didn't update the site when this started happening so even if we had changed something on our end, it wouldn't affect you. If Auth.net still support the AIM solution then that really leaves the hosting and I don't know if you've been following this up with them?
quote:
Error, couldn't connect to https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api (-2147012894)
The problem is connecting to authorize.net from the server. This could be a firewall and it's worth asking the host if there is anything that would block connection to that URL. Also, it could be the protocol used for connection to Auth.net as more and more of the insecure protocols are no longer supported. On the admin main settings page could you have a look at the bottom under debug info and let us know what it says there for server software.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

gwilson
Starting Member

44 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  16:13:59  
Thanks Vince, It indeed was a Firewall Issue. Apparently last Thursday api.authorize.net resolves to a new IP address I traced back to Asia. We have Asia blocked in our Firewall so I allowed that single Asian IP to go thru and all is working now. Thanks Again for your help. Much appreciated.

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  02:05:36  
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000