Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/02/2020 :  22:57:41  
Hi there,

With the Covid situation looming again, more customers are going to be anxious about ordering online and whether the item is available for a speedy delivery by xmas. With the drop shipping functionality, if there are e.g. 10 suppliers, who can deliver in varying time frames 1 - 2 days, next day, 3 - 5 days, and pick up from shop etc, is there a way of signifying on a product how long an item will take for delivery per supplier?

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7625 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2020 :  03:51:13  
Hi Jason,
You could add a custom field to your product detail layout

For example adding custom1
$detailpagelayout='navigation, checkoutbutton, productimage, productid, custom1, productname, discounts, instock, description, listprice, price, quantity, options, addtocart, previousnext, emailfriend, reviews';

Then to your vsadmin/includes.php file add

$detailcustomlabel1="Delivery Time ";

and to add the custom field label to the admin page add

$admincustomlabel1="Delivery Times ";

You can then set different delivery times per product from the admin. If you have 100's of products you can use the built in CSV upload feature. If you leave the field blank in the admin nothing will display on the product detail page

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Edited by - Phil on 11/08/2020 03:52:25

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  07:10:05  
Phil,

This is great, would this get overwritten by ECT updaters?

To be able to update these extra fields, will they appear in the quick entry drop down list?

Jason

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7625 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  07:44:58  
No they won't get overwritten by updates and yes you should see them in the quick entry drop down list once they're created

*Contact Us*

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  22:27:21  
Hi Phil,

Is there a way of showing the same message for delivery time frame at checkout, so it gives them an estimated delivery schedule before they pay for an order?

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7625 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2020 :  02:18:22  
Depending which shipping method you're using you could possibly display your time frame that way.

I can't think of any method of copying over the time frame from a particular product though.

I see your support period has expired so you may want to renew that.

*Contact Us*

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  04:09:06  
Phil,

I added the custom1 to $detailpagelayout=.... so it reads

$detailpagelayout='navigation, checkoutbutton, productimage, productid, custom1, productname, discounts, instock, description, listprice, price, quantity, options, addtocart, previousnext, emailfriend, reviews';

I then added the below both lines to includes.php

$admincustomlabel1="Delivery Times ";

But unable to see in the "PRODUCT ADMINISTRATION" page in the "Quick Entry" drop down this field to populate for each product?

Also is there any help info on how to use this shipping estimator to display the estimated delivery time frame

Jason

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  04:21:44  
Hi there,

I just saw this

"The first is to add a content region specifying the content region id. If you create your content region that you want to display, and that content region has a content region id of 32 then you would add the following to the detailpagelayout parameter above...
contentregion32"

Is it not possible to add the delivery time frame for all products on the product detail page using a content region so its a set string of words saying "delivery 2 - 3 days" using content region above.

I can then in my own time implement the above "delivery" time frame using the parameters on the includes.php

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  22:52:06  
Just a thought, on the product detail page for each product shows the following:

> Product ID BWC-Y26POPPIES72-Pink
> Brand Yoshi
> Updated 11/06/2020

Which appears by default, is there a way to add another line here that says e.g. Delivery 2 - 3 Days ?

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  23:11:27  
Phil,

I finally got this working:

As per the guide below. However the text "Delivery of this item is 2 - 3 days" appears under the product name, how can i get it to appear as the first one in the list:

> **** To appear here ****
> Product ID BC-MC-1202
> Brand Mele & Co
> ISBN 5028561705214
> Updated11/10/2020

"For example adding custom1

Then to your vsadmin/includes.php file add

and to add the custom field label to the admin page add

$admincustomlabel1="Delivery Times ";"

Edited by - Jolly-Martian on 11/13/2020 23:30:23

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7625 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2020 :  02:19:44  
Hi Jason,

First of all you can set the order of your custom field by moving it in the list below

So for example if you moved it just after addtocart - $detailpagelayout='navigation, checkoutbutton, productimage, productid, productname, discounts, instock, description, listprice, price, quantity, options, addtocart,custom1, previousnext, emailfriend, reviews'; it would be in a different place on the page, you can also style it and position it with css so I would really need to see the page to advise on the positioning of the delivery text

To add your custom1 field to the quick entry drop down you would add the line below to your vsadmin/includes.php

$customquickupdate="pCustom1";

You can add more that one by separating them with a comma, for example $customquickupdate="pCustom1,pCustom2,pCustom3";

*Contact Us*

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  13:26:36  
Hi Phil,

I will give this a go, but just wanted to confirm something, the below are the changes I will make. Can I confirm the text ive highlighted in red, should this word be the same variable name, so should all the red text below all read e.g. pCustom1

$detailpagelayout='navigation, checkoutbutton, productimage, productid, [red]custom1[/red], productname, discounts, instock, description, listprice, price, quantity, options, addtocart, previousnext, emailfriend, reviews';

$detail[red]customlabel1[/red]="Delivery Time ";
$admin[red]customlabel1[/red]="Delivery Times ";

$customquickupdate="[red]pCustom1[/red]";

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  13:36:01  
Phil,

Please take a look at https://bags with class.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=BWC-TL141448-Black

Ive added this to the includes:

$detailpagelayout='navigation,productimage,productname,discounts,price,listprice,currency,instock,reviewstarslarge,shortdescription,options,quantity,custom1,addtocart,productid,manufacturer,sku,dateadded,custom1,description,previousnext,searchwords,socialmedia,reviews';

$detailcustomlabel1="Delivery Times";

$admincustomlabel1="Delivery Times";

$customquickupdate="pCustom1";

But it appears after the price once, and again below the "Updated10/20/2020", how do i make it appear in the same bullet list format and at the top of the list, so above the " > Product ID BWC-TL141448-Black"

Thanks in advance

Jason

Edited by - Jolly-Martian on 11/15/2020 14:17:14

midvalleydrifter001
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
914 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  19:01:54  
First thing I noticed is you have custom1 listed TWICE on your $detailpagelayout=

$detailpagelayout='navigation,productimage,productname,discounts,price,listprice,currency,instock,reviewstarslarge,shortdescription,options,quantity,custom1,addtocart,productid,manufacturer,sku,dateadded,custom1,description,previousnext,searchwords,socialmedia,reviews';

Move the custom1 to this location and it will appear on top of the Product ID. Also delete the second one.

$detailpagelayout='navigation,productimage,productname,discounts,price,listprice,currency,instock,reviewstarslarge,shortdescription,options,quantity,addtocart,custom1,productid,manufacturer,sku,dateadded,description,previousnext,searchwords,socialmedia,reviews';

Second is you want to assign some CSS. This is just an example;

div.detailcustom1{
font-weight:bold;
padding: 3px;
float: left;
background-color:#13fd038f;
}

Third put a space after Delivery Times and the Quotation as I have listed below. This will make it so your words don't run together.

$detailcustomlabel1="Delivery Times ";

Patrick

Edited by - midvalleydrifter001 on 11/15/2020 19:07:37

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  00:32:58  
Patrick,

Priceless, that was a huge help, if you view on a laptop https://bagswithclass.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=BWC-TL141448-Black

The CSS styling appears with the green bacground, which i love, however when I am viwing on a mobile, there is no background colour, and also the text "Order by 3pm
needs to flow to the next line below the "Add to Cart" button, otherwise, it doesnt look right?

Jason

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  01:31:49  
Jason

Looks fine on my Android phone phone & yes the background does show too! With your 'issue' of the over spilling of the wording you could try
trimming down the wording to Order before 3pm receive in 3 - 4 working days & remove the bold in the CSS to also trim down on space, although I think it may still overflow.

I think the green highlighting is more the sufficient to draw attention without the bold text.

Steve
Egerton Village, Bolton, UK

Edited by - 1818charlie on 11/16/2020 01:38:13

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  02:42:54  
Hi Steve,

How do you insert a picture here.

I was going to upload a picture, I clicked on insert image and just get this > [img][/img]

I was going to upload a picture for you to see what I can see on my phone?

Jason

Edited by - Jolly-Martian on 11/16/2020 02:47:21

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  02:51:12  
Hi Jason

I'd be hazarding a guess it's a caching issue as I see it exactly the same on my Android 10 Samsung M31 down to an old Galaxy S3
on Android 4.3. Looks fine on my laptops, tablet & desktops too!

To show the image(s) I upload an image to a web space via FTP & pop the full URL to that image between the tags.

Steve

Edited by - 1818charlie on 11/16/2020 13:23:51

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  03:21:18  
Steve,

Perfect, It was a chaching issue.

Do you know what html I can use so that in the text "Order before 3pm receive in 3 - 4 working days" says

"Order before 3pm receive by 20th November" where "20th November" is Today + a set number of days?

Thanks

Jason

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  13:10:22  
Hi Jason

Good to hear it's just down to caching.

I can't find a script that will show + n days from the date the customer is viewing the page.

The only script I have, & used, is a countdown timer script which I've used for time limited offers.
That script counts down to a predetermined time & date which once it's passed shows a preset
message; eg; This offer has ended

Now whether dbdave has any tricks up his sleeve in his Javascript arsenal I couldn't say. Hopefully
Dave will eyeball this & may have a solution.

Personally if the delivery timescale is always going to be 3 - 4 days maximum then I think the solution you have is
just fine, but that's just my opinion.

Steve

Edited by - 1818charlie on 11/16/2020 14:02:42

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10290 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  13:49:03  
Javascript is wonderful with dates. It has terrific built in features for handling dates.
Skimming through the thread, it wasn't obvious what he needs help with though.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000