Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/27/2020 :  08:15:25  
Hi All,

I have setup a duplicate of my admin in e.g. path mywebsite.co.uk/tempadmin/vsadmin/login.php

I have cleared all products, so it is empty. I have a few people who will input products working from home on the temp admin.

When the individuals have inputted, I will review them, and providing all are ok, I will download the inventory, images, and copy to the live site, and upload the inventory.

Is it only inventory, product images, product options to download and upload to the live site?

Is there an easier way to use myPhpAdmin to do this, happy to pay someone for support to understand how to do this with myphpadmin.

Jason

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2020 :  10:44:56  
You know you can set up a restricted admin on your live site, it is under "Change Password." I would create a category that is hidden (level 5 login to see live) then have the people who work from home add the products there. Once you approve them, just reassign the product's category.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/28/2020 :  15:43:01  
Hi Marshall,

I appreciate your reply. I am aware that I can create a separate login with restricted access, however I have some 3rd party helpers willing to work from home, and enter products on to the site through admin, so I know I can create a login that only allows a user to add new products, delete, edit etc, however I only wanted a new user worked from home to be able to add new products but not edit, delete or change any that was already on the database before they start, is this possible?

Jason

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2020 :  19:33:24  
quote:
but not edit, delete or change any that was already on the database before they start, is this possible?

If they have access to the products, they can access all features of the products. You would need to have a separate database so they could not access the live one. I know of no other way around that.

Marshall
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/05/2020 :  03:54:48  
Hi All,

I have setup a second admin, where 3rd party home workers can enter products, and not interfere with the products on the live site. When they have finished I can review them then I can now export the product inventory and export the product images from the 2nd temp admin to my live one.

The only issue I have is when the products are being entered on the temp 2nd admin I cannot view the product on the products.php page in the path to where the 2nd set of web files are, is there a way to view the products entered on the 2nd admin?

The images for the next brand are png files but when I view them on the live website the backgrounds are black, but on the supplier website where they have been saved from the background is white:

[img]https://i.paste.pics/ea5c77a9c4dec701d4cfe767237a43d3.png[/img]

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2020 :  05:38:52  
How are you saving them from the manufacturer's site? While they may be PNG images, when you right click and hit save, they may actually be WEBP. I have seen this with sites where the images are generated via a script for sliders and zoom hover.

Marshall
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2020 :  08:13:02  
Hi Jason

I am no graphic designer but this is an issue some of my customers have with either grabbing the image from the supplier / manufacturers website or images supplied directly by manufacturer.

On the image I see in your posting I have downloaded the actual image which is in PNG format 720x720 with a black background & weighs in at a hefty 473KB, way way to big of a file size for website use. Once I have that image I opened up Adobe Fireworks CS6 & exported the image to JPG format & saved the file. That reduced the image file size to 39KB & the background is white. I reduced it further for web use to 23KB.

You really need to make sure that all the images on your site are optimised to as small a file size as possible while retaining clarity as Google doesn't like large image file sizes, & we have to jump to Googles tune.

Have you many images that are in PNG format?

Steve
Egerton Village, Bolton, UK

Edited by - 1818charlie on 12/06/2020 08:13:41

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2020 :  09:17:56  
FYI - There are free online tools that will bulk process .png images into .jpg images.

Thanks,
David

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/22/2020 :  00:25:06  
Steve,

Is it possible to batch optimize all the jpeg images on the server for products we have uploaded?

Jason

Vince
Administrator

42479 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2020 :  04:51:16  
Hi Jason
I don't think it would be possible to do this for the files on your server. You would need to download the files to your PC, optimize them and put them back I would imagine.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/22/2020 :  07:50:35  
Can anyone on here quote a fee to do this if I provide the images files.

Jason

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2020 :  08:41:40  
Hi Jason,
I replied to your email this morning, did you not receive it?

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Jolly-Martian
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/27/2020 :  01:55:24  
Hi Phil, not had this email, can you re-send and I will keep an eye out

Jason

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2020 :  02:27:21  
Just messaged you through the forum

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000