Author « Topic »  

abbyeagle
Starting Member

Australia
47 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  20:44:28  
Hi, I have used digital downloads successfully for a couple of years. However since a couple of weeks back the link does not work. All i can think of is that i reuploaded the zip files to the prodfiles folder. Nothing else changed.

When i hover the mouse over the link it displays the path at the bottom of Google Chrome screen. For what it is worth i cleared the history cache.

BTW i just upgraded to the the latest version 7.1. However i did not upgrade the digital downloads files because the file date had not changed.

What do you suggest?
Abby

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  01:51:01  
Hi Abby
I tried the product id F-01 which is a free download and got the download just fine. So it seems that the system is working ok and there is nothing to fix there, and if there is a particular product where the download isn't available it is likely to be the path to the zip file.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

abbyeagle
Starting Member

Australia
47 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  19:48:39  
Hi Vince, Thanks but no matter which product i try to download - nothing happens. What is also intriguing is that a client had the same problem. So i just tried Firefox and it works fine. Sigh. So what do i need to do to get Chrome working properly?

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  01:28:38  
Hi Abby,
There does indeed appear to be a problem with Chrome. I had to right-click 'save link as' or right-click 'open link in new tab' to get the download.
It works fine in Firefox.
I did check through the settings I have in Chrome but nothing seemed to be amiss there. The problem is if it is a browser issue there's not a great deal you can do about it apart from inform your customers before they purchase a download.

Let's see what Vince says.....

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  08:21:06  
Hi Abby
I see what the problem is. The Digital Downloads script wasn't using the HTTPS location if it was available, and now Chrome is blocking those non-HTTPS links if from an HTTPS page. Anyway, I've just added a fix in the digi downloads plugin so if you get a new copy of the updater you should get an new copy of the digital downloads and can you copy those to your site.

Vince

John Nolan
Advanced Member

Canada
406 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  18:35:23  
Vince:
What files do we have to replace to fix this issue? Do we have to do an entire update?

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  03:49:47  
Hi John
No . . . when you request the updater you should get the digital downloads files separately and you just need to update these files.

Vince

John Nolan
Advanced Member

Canada
406 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  04:02:08  
Thanks Vince.

abbyeagle
Starting Member

Australia
47 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  18:03:31  
Thanks Vince. I just uploaded the 3 files but did not run the updater. I can now download the digital files from the shopping cart.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000