atlend
Advanced Member

USA
319 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/11/2021 :  12:26:40  
Hi Vince,

I see that feature in v7.4, but I'm actually looking to disallow orders entirely that are under the thresehold. Basically something like this, but only applying to the UK:

$minpurchaseamount=190.00;
$minpurchasemessage="I'm sorry, but we have a minimum purchase amount of £135 (approximately $190 USD) for buyers in the UK. Please go back and <b>buy some more</b>. VAT will be collected at delivery, as per the new UK importing rules (as of January 1, 2021)";

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Chris

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2021 :  06:16:53  

atlend
Advanced Member

USA
319 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/15/2021 :  12:06:53  
Hi Vince,

So I came up with a goofy work-around that seems to work. Are you able to take a look at what I'm doing and see if there's a reason not to do this to accomplish my goal?

First, I edited line 31 of inccountry.php to say: [code]}elseif($tax > 100000 || $tax < 0){[/code]

Then I set my Great Britain tax rate to 100000% with a tax thresehold of $200.

Then I added this code to cart.php, underneath the line that includes inccart.php:

[code]<?php if(($GLOBALS['ordShipCountry']='Great Britain') && ($GLOBALS['totalgoods']<$GLOBALS['countrytaxthreshold']))
{print '<bold><h2>VERY IMPORTANT: The reason why there is an impossibly high country tax for your order (and no final checkout button) is because we are not currently shipping orders to the UK with a product value under $200 USD, due to the change in VAT regulations in the UK as of January 1, 2021. Please go back and shop some more to raise the total product value over $200, and the country tax will be completely removed from this order. Where applicable, VAT will be collected at the time of the delivery by the local shipping carrier, and is the sole responsibility of the customer. Thanks for understanding!</h2></b>';
print '<style>div.checkoutbutton2, div.checkoutbutton3{display:none;}</style>';
}?>[/code]

When I test it, it seems to function as expected when using our direct credit card processor, but I'm not sure how it would respond for a user who chooses to use Paypal Express. Does the country tax (and tax thresehold) still work for this payment method? I'm assuming that it must somehow, even though the transaction is being processed off-site. I know that Paypal Express has a transaction limit of 10,000 USD, so it seem that would prevent the buyer from accidentally submitting a huge charge because they weren't paying attention. Once the product value in the order crosses over the $200 limit I've set, everything about the country tax goes away (as expected). What do you think of this solution?

Chris

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10282 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2021 :  12:25:34  
quote:
if(($GLOBALS['ordShipCountry']='Great Britain') && ($GLOBALS['totalgoods']<$GLOBALS['countrytaxthreshold'])

I'm pretty sure you can expand this and not need to hack any of the core files.

David
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Previous Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000