JH10
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
304 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/20/2021 :  03:45:53  
Hello
I am preparing a csv file in Excel 2016 for the products so that other items such as categories etc can be inserted later.

It has occurred to me that a few more fields may be needed
for a clothing store.
eg
What’s it made of.
Washing instructions.
Products styles.
etc

Can more data fields be created?
Regards

John Hardy

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  02:07:41  
HI John
Things like the material would be great as a product attribute. Probably the style too. But then you have 3 custom fields, pCustom1, pCustom2 and pCustom3 that you can use for anything you like.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

JH10
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
304 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  03:56:15  
Thanks Vince,

3 custom fields is not a lot.
Can more be used in the non hosted version?

KevinRobson
Advanced Member

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2022 :  06:00:56  
I would like a custom filed to display on ProductDetail.asp below the Quantity filed. How do I do this?

KevinRobson
Advanced Member

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2022 :  06:03:21  
I would like a custom filed to display on ProductDetail.asp below the Quantity filed. How do I do this?

ITZAP
Ecommerce Template Guru

Australia
1010 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2022 :  19:38:27  
Kevin,
In your includes.asp configuration file you would enter these parameters: CSS layouts for the category, product and detail pages >>

usecsslayout=TRUE

If you want to give titles to the custom fields that will appear on the website product detail page, add the following:

detailcustomlabel1="Custom Title 1 "
detailcustomlabel2="Custom Title 2 "
detailcustomlabel3="Custom Title 3 "

To add the custom field names that will appear in the ECT Product Administration Panel, use:

admincustomlabel1="Custom Title 1 "
admincustomlabel2="Custom Title 2 "
admincustomlabel3="Custom Title 3 "

To set the order in which elements will appear on the website product detail page, in the exact order of your own choosing, add the following:

detailpagelayout="productimage, productname, navigation, dateadded, sku, instock, manufacturer, manufacturerlink, reviewstarslarge, socialmedia, discounts, listprice, quantitypricing, options, currency, price, quantity, custom1, custom2, custom3, addtocart, description, reviews, previousnext"

You OMIT the elements you do not want.
You juggle the order of the elements any which way you want.

There are also parameters to enter into includes.asp to set the appearance order of elements on the Category page, Cross Sell Recommended, Related pages, Products pages and Article pages. For example:

categorypagelayout="catimage, catname, discounts, description"

csproductpagelayout="productimage, productname, reviewstars, description, listprice, discounts, price, addtocart"

productpagelayout="productimage, productname, reviewstars, description, listprice, discounts, price, addtocart"

articlepagelayout="productimage, productname, navigation, dateadded, socialmedia, description, previousnext"

The Parameters Help page is perhaps the most important page of all in understanding all of the magic features and configuration options in Ecommerce Templates.

Gary
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000